Critique and progress over last month

Home Forums Critique Critique and progress over last month

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Idon'tknow 3 weeks ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hey everyone!
    Its been a bit over a month since my last post, which was just asking for critique. I got some great tips from it, specifically trying out charcoal and drawing my heads a bit larger. Overall, I feel my linework has been growing much more confident, and I am happy with the progress! This was my second month of figure drawing, and the imgur link has drawings I selected over the last month (in order from first time using charcoal, to most recent last). I'd like some critique on charcoal usage, specifically with shading. I think I've got the basic understandings of the medium, but any resources would be appreciated. I labled my favorite one in there, which was just a short 5 minute sketch. I ended up taking a break over the last week, which I regret because I've fallen in love with drawing. Last one I did in the link is a pencil one from tonight, which I haven't used graphite much for shading or any technical work. If anyone has some good reccomendations for resources with graphite shading, it would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/zcszXo6

Thanks everyone, this is such a great community to have!

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Link seems broken for me...

I can see it clearely. first of all, Hi Jttheallison. I can see you tried to copy the pose as they are with all that pesky anatomy to take account and that's not a good thing for us beginners. Do not even care using 3D shapes at this stage. treat each pose as it is a logo ready to be simplified. That way you'll work on the basic aspect of figure drawing wich it is capturing the energy of the pose and then its weight. https://imgur.com/a/BjQtSDu

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.