Heya, help maybe?

Home Forums Practice & Advice Heya, help maybe?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sanne 4 months ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hey, uh, can someone go to my profile and critique/comment on my gesture studies? If you don't want to, that's ok. It's entirely up to you. I'm kinda new to this website so idk how it works.

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hi Riptide!

Welcome to the site! First let me say, congrats on seeking critique/comments, it takes some bravery to put yourself out there after all!

Just wanted to give you a couple quick tips to make sure you can get the feedback you’re after.

Since you’re uploading to your profile, via your sketchbook, I take it that your have either a full or doodler membership? If so when you upload images, make sure to check the box “Request Critique”, that way when folks go critiquing, your work will automatically be added to the queue and it will be seen! (I noticed the images in your sketchbook say “is not requesting critique” which is the default if you don’t check the critique box)

The other way to seek critique is to use the Critique forum and upload images into a post asking for feedback. I did a copy-paste below of the FAQ about uploading images to the forum in case you aren’t sure:

How do I post images on the forums?
    If you have a full or doodler membership, the easiest way is to upload your drawing to your sketchbook. The shortcode that you need to post the image on the forums or in comments around the site will be shown on the drawing's page

If you want to post an image that is hosted elsewhere, such as on an image upload service like Imgur, Photobucket, Imageshack, tinypic, Imagesafe, or another, then you will need the direct link to the image. Only links ending in .png, .jpg or .gif will work.

That means that a link like this won't work to embed an image: https://imgur.com/gallery/q0O8G

But this one would work: https://i.imgur.com/beASDB9.jpg

Note the .jpg at the end of the link! This means it is a link to an image, rather than to an entire webpage.

Once you have a url for your external image, use the img shortcode to embed the image on our forums

Remember, if you aren't linking to an image from your Line of Action sketchbook, make sure that the link ends in a valid image filename, like .png, .gif or .jpg

Since you are relatively new to the site, why not do a Critique forum post with the images you would like to get critiqued? You’ll be able to have a conversation about it with lots of folks and it gets frequented a bit more than the auto-critique system.

Anyway, hope that’s of some help and we’ll see you around the forums :)

Thank you so much! And yes, I have the doodler membership. I'll defninitly try to do a critique post. :D

Sanne

Flarebrush hit the nail on the head! I hope this gets you on the right track, please don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any. :)

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.