My gesture drawings

Home Forums Critique My gesture drawings

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BarbWired 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

4bidden2draw

Hello everybody,

I’ve been drawing for almost 15 years but I’m not confident in my skills. After using different figure drawing sites such as posemaniacs, I’ve decided that this will be my main place of practice. Here’s some gestures I’ve drawn so far.

30 seconds

1 minute

4bidden2draw

Btw I’m using MyPaint program which is very useful for figure drawing with its unlimited canvas.

4bidden2draw

Struggling to find the right brush setting that’s best for quick gestures.

30 seconds

View post on imgur.com

1 minute

View post on imgur.com

iksnerogib

Hi. Looks fluid to me.

But I would try to use clear lines in long sweeps, as it’s harder to hide mistakes that way, thus would be easier to find and correct mistakes

4bidden2draw

I’ve reduced the gain on the pastel brush for more transparency. However I increased the opaqueness for the top gestures. I may reduce the brush size next time to draw proportionately.

30 seconds

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  4bidden2draw.

4bidden2draw

I’ve been trying to identify weight or force of the movement (for lack of a better term) while doing 30 seconds and 1 minute gestures.

30 seconds

View post on imgur.com

1 minute

View post on imgur.com

mikaere808

the movement of the model is shown very well. They are also very consistent and proportion of each study seems to be very accurate

4bidden2draw

1 minute

View post on imgur.com

For the 2 minute I sighted the photo for further accuracy. However I didn’t utilize the body part relationship and rarely measured the negative space. Tips to achieve these two goals in 2 minutes is appreciated.

2 minute

View post on imgur.com

4bidden2draw

4bidden2draw

BarbWired

Hi! I really like how loose and fluid these feel, very nice! They do seem a bit blurry to me though-that makes it a bit hard to really see them well. I need to do some human anatomy poses, I’ve been doing animals lately :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't have an account? Register here.