First time asking for critique. Advice on what I should focus on in particular and any ways I can improve on what I'm already doing?

Home Forums Critique First time asking for critique. Advice on what I should focus on in particular and any ways I can improve on what I'm already doing?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Reetzy 2 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hello! this is some figure drawing I did recently, I was wondering if their is anything in particular I should focus on to help me improve? Any comments are welcome!

https://imgur.com/a/9jC6hMw

As a note I tend to draw the torso as one and then find the ribcage ect, my usual way of looking at it is kinda-like a bean bag with the legs added on. Sorry in advance for the poor lighting.

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

I really like the thighs and legs of pose 4, but they don't really match proportionally with the upper body. Too big. Make more decisive, long lines and practice some contour drawing on the side. Contour, while often seen as anti-gestural drawing method, can train your sense of line, form, and proportion. I think it helps get rid of the short line sketchy problem.

I think I wish I could describe the picture more. If you draw it similar to the picture, you can see what the problem is.

Alright I'll look into putting time into contour drawing while I'm doing my daily I have a lot of problems with proportion and scratchy lines, thank you!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.