second day of the month

Home Forums Critique second day of the month

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sietu 2 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite
    Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Nice job on your figure sketching practice, Sietu. Nice to hear you having fun with that process. My one small issue is that though the gestural confidence of the hands and feet are really getting there, but they are way, way too scribbler and itchiest. Would you please loosen up your gestural hands with 10 minutes of 30 second hand and foot practice drawings? (20 of them) As a result, your hands and feet will become the most clearest and cleanest in terms of the lines. (despite some of the vague graphic shapes in them)

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

-Yoda from Star Wars Franchise

Pardon my little Star Wars quote, but it seems quite useful to use students and pros of art, cartooning, animation and all things related. This thing is worth it.

Hope this quote influences and inspires you.

Thank you, Polyvios!

I'm very happy to have your advice, I did a 30 second drawing for 10 minutes, I've been working on it for a while now and it's working great. I've done 10 minutes of 30 second drawings, and there are a lot of drawings where the proportions are wrong. But I learned the importance of drawing clean lines. I will continue to practice short drawings.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kSNWa6_8pdyBp_VxpI-pZNiG1uQ5812Y/view?usp=sharing

Yoda's words are wonderful. I will do it.
    I am inspired by you and Yoda's words.

you have an amazing understanding of anatomy and you capture the shapes of the muscles very well. the sketches are simple but gripping and show just as much as you need. the drawings have an alluring emotional quality about them that i really enjoy. if it is within your comfort zone, i would try to perhaps add more details with facial feautres or deeper/stronger shading. i find a good way to do this is to start with a mid-tone (either grey paper or light shading with graphite) so i can add the highlights and shadows separately. you have such potential and i think you could take this very far :)

Thank you,Buggycheese!

I am very happy to hear you say that. Fun. Shades! That's a goal I'd like to achieve. I really want to try drawing starting from gray paper. I ordered it online as soon as possible ;-D

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.