I'm confused, how are you supposed to go about doing gesture drawing/timed sketches of environments?

首页 论坛 实践与建议 I'm confused, how are you supposed to go about doing gesture drawing/timed sketches of environments?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Polyvios Animations 1 year ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Basically title; I've been using the site for figure w/o an account for a while and saw when it was added (don't have a membership so I can't use it yet tho). I tried looking around but I haven't see anything about it, so an explanation, or better yet actual visual examples with time taken would help greatly. Thanks in advance !

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Good morning, Bi Tronic Colarice, and welcome aboard, I'm Polyvios and how do you do this noontime? Say, in order to best possibly explain this issue with gesture drawing with an emphasis on scenes and environments, you'd go for the gesture drawing exercise for your environments, just like you would with figures and such. Here are some visual examples.

This images are directly lifted from John K. Stuff blogger, and this images give a very great idea visually on what I'm trying to mean about gesture drawing for compositions (environments). What I mean is that if you could see these images by blurring out the most complicated forms and details, and the most simplistic gestures, you'd be able to feel your way through flow and action lines in the backgrounds, and on the characters as combined in these scenes, and so on. If you'd really like to do this suggestion, then I'd love to see your 30 second exercises of these images suggested to you, then photograph digitally these and post them against your studies, as you can see the hint of this statement.

Thanks and have a great rest of the week.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.