Learning watercolor

首页 论坛 批评 Learning watercolor

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kheir 8 months ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Hi everyone !

How to soften the edges plz ?

Any advices welcome , Thanks

• Kheir edited this post on August 15, 2023 11:22am.
    Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

hey there, I have a little experience with watercolor, and what helps create softer edges is pre-wetting the page before painting on it to allow it to slightly bleed, which gives it a cloudy effect -the dryer the paper/brush the sharper the paint stroke.

another thing that can help in adding depth and shape to your backgrounds is layering the paint and adding texture.

one more thing. avoid leaving plain white areas - it makes the image look overexposed.

other than that you seem to be on the right track

1 1

Hello there, Kheir, and welcome back this evening, but I think you're doing a mighty sweller but awesomer job on your range of brushstrokes in gestures of scenes and environments, but these strokes all seem too dryer to me, so why don't you please keep on wetting the paper on 2 sides, then more quickly roughing out the graphic lines and shapes of colors and tones, all from photos flipped vertically.

The reason is because, it can and will be able to develop but refine your watercolor painting technique in painting scenes and landscapes, but, the wetter the strokes, the looser the strokes. For most details, please look into studying one of the painting tutorials on how to paint wetter but looser.

My hat's off to you and good night.

Bonjour, Kheir, et bienvenue ce soir, mais je pense que vous faites un travail puissant mais plus impressionnant sur votre gamme de coups de pinceau dans les gestes de scènes et d'environnements, mais ces coups me semblent tous trop secs, alors pourquoi ne pas t vous continuez à mouiller le papier sur 2 faces, puis dégrossissez plus rapidement les lignes graphiques et les formes de couleurs et de tons, le tout à partir de photos retournées verticalement.

La raison en est qu'il peut et pourra développer mais affiner votre technique de peinture à l'aquarelle dans la peinture de scènes et de paysages, mais plus les traits sont humides, plus les traits sont lâches. Pour plus de détails, veuillez étudier l'un des tutoriels de peinture sur la façon de peindre plus humide mais plus lâche.

Je vous tire mon chapeau et bonne nuit.

Hi, Kheir

There is great YouTube channel called The Mind of Watercolor with a lot of watercolor related lessons.

Here's the one that should help you:

Good luck!

1 2

Hello Polyvios ! considering I'm working on cellulose paper I'm afraid to destroy it by highly wet the paper or wet it again (because it's always dry too quickly) I don't think I've ever tried to wet the paper on both sides so I'd give it a try and if cellulose paper can afford it , that should help . Thanks for all the suggestions ! Have a great day !

Hi V3 DSoft ,

I follow several watercolor related channels but never seen this one . He's talking exactly about what is causing me difficulties ! therefore THANKS a lot , now I know some exercises I can make to progress . Greetings from France !

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.