How do I make less stiff-looking poses?

Page d'accueil Forums Pratique & conseil How do I make less stiff-looking poses?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Raindrop23 9 months ago.

• S'abonner Favori

Title says all. I'm struggling with it, but even still, when I use lines of action, the poses still look robotic.

What can I do for them to look better?

Any advice would be helpful. :>

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Welcome to Line of Action, La Papa, I'm Polyvios, and how are you today?

Say, can we see some samples of your recent works, please?

Well, Frita, thanks for the post, but great job on your very first attempt at drawing the poses while "kissing the paper" with your traditional pencil. What I do mean by "kissing the paper" means you can and have to draw very, really, really, light with your line quality as you feel the line pressure being pressed down on your paper, therefore, those lines and shapes all don't look and seem livelier, lighter, and looser enough to me yet. How would you like to free up your poses movements with 30 minutes of 2 minute sketches?

The idea is though your initial goal is to go for semi-realism, without bearing that exaggeration of movement in mind, then your attitude drawings all seem too stranger, but if you emphasize more, more, and more of that quick sketching exercise, then you'll go for most of that simplified, most essential cartoon-like feeling into your figures, gestures, and expressions. If you're very curious about quick sketching dynamic and energetic drawings, please look up "Action! Cartooning" by Ben Caldwell, and Volume 1 of the Walt Stanchfield Series, Drawn to Life.

So, keep up the great work, and let's all hope they've helped, supported, and benefited you.

create a line of action maybe?

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.