Most are 30seconds some are longer

Page d'accueil Forums La critique Most are 30seconds some are longer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Aunt Herbert 2 years ago.

• S'abonner Favori

I'm trying to do digital drawings. It's been since college since I took life drawing. We used large newsprint paper and conte back then. I feel the size retrains of the iPad screen takes away the fluid motions. I have to remind myself to not get super sketchy. These however are pretty sketchy (lots of searching lines)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y19W-jxLhWg2hZrcqHzETl1Fk6upsqUW/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qK1HfwB40B8EKSbf8xZoUp2BCWtVcAcA/view?usp=drivesdk

Space Walk: an Ad-free Android game

Support us to remove this

Say, Smiller, that's the most marvelous display of a portfolio of the figure drawings and sketches. Greatest of jobs so far, so greatest, on your quick sketches and figure rendering.

Well, in general, you're making some greatest progress for the first time from you. So, my issue with what I'm seeing specifically, is that the quick sketches have a bit too much extraneous lines. Would you kindly be a bit more boldest with your gestural lines, a lot more loosest with 30 minutes of 29 second quick sketches of figures? (1800/29=62 quickest scribbly pose warm-ups)

The reasoning why you should do this suggestion is because, to help make your lines the smoothest, slickest, and have the nicest appeal to the lines, and to make your lines of action and rhythm the least stiffest and the most dynamic, lively and spontaneous.

For more inspiration, here's an image for you to download and study.

It's of a Mickey Mouse ruff animation sketch done by Legendary Disney Animator, Fred Moore, for an unfinished cartoon, Pigskin Pluto.

Cheers and I hope these've helped.

About those searching lines: Given, that you did them in 30 secs, those are really a lot of them. Which means, you mostly scribbled them down incredibly fast. Take a breath, even in a 30 secs sketch, and learn to plan your lines. In analogue drawing, there is the trick of shadowing your lines, i.e. moving with your pen over the paper a few times before you put it down and draw. I don't know how well that works with a digital pad, as it is a different object from the screen, which displays the result, though.

Also, I don't know how long you have your pad. I had one once a long time ago, and threw it out frustrated one day. Later someone told me, that getting used to it, by spending a good amount of time drawing simple geometric forms, might have been the better idea for me instead.

On the upside, the figures that you found with your searching lines show a good eye for gesture and proportions. Probably the life drawing classes from college pay off. If you find a way to get over the problem with your line quality, you might be further along the path than is visible now.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.