1 hour class practice

首頁 論壇 批評 1 hour class practice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Idon'tknow 1 week ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

this is my new 1 hour lesson, each image cooresponds at different times signed by the timer. the very last one left me with a lot of problems. I could not understand what parts should be simplified and it ended up being like that. There is something about those legs that makes it more wooden than it is supposed to.

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Looking at your stuff and thinking what general useful advice could help you best, but I can't come up with much. Maybe a detail I found helpful in drawing stretched out feet: I often draw the forefoot as just an extension of the leg, with the heel as an appendix attached at a 90° angle, instead of the entire foot as a separate entity, that is attached to the leg.

And I don't think simplifying has a definite obligatory list. To me it is not "This has to be simplified in this way, and that there has to be simplified in that way". It is more like looking for things, that possibly could be simplified, and then trying out, whether it looks good. Like, here are 2 lines, that almost line up, if I fuse them into one line, does that look strange or cool? Here is a bump, that indicates a muscle, how does it look, if I just ignore that muscle and flatten that bump into a straight line in fusion with the rest of the limb? Hmm, I see a relatively simple 2-d shape formed by different outlines and shadow shapes,... if I just draw that 2-d shape, can the eye still translate it into a part of the figure, or does it look weird?

Simplifying generally is a good thing, because what is simpler to draw is also simpler to read, but off course you also always lose some information when doing it. So it is trial and error, whether the remaining information still translates into an object, or turns the whole image into an abstraction. And people who are really good at simplification sometimes hit that sweet spot, where the image is just at the vexing border between object and abstraction, which can add quite a bit of extra funk.

The maximum simplification of pretty much every pose is off course a mere stick figure, but it looks boring as heck, because it is pure abstraction. The other boring extreme would be a 100% detailed photographic representation, like you would get when you just put a tight grid over the figure and copy all the squares of the grid separately. Finding the goldilock zone between those extremes is more a matter of taste, and willingness to play around, than a matter of rules.

1 1

On looking at your greatest stuffs, Idon't, my first impression is that your flow is getting along the greatest in terms of silhouettes, negative spaces, and forms. But my second and final impression, your figures' gestures still need the most work in terms of the gestures, straights, curves, and s-curves. What about just speeding up and completely loosening up your non-dominant shoulder with your next 30 minute figure drawing class mode?

The premise is, inevitably it could and would lead to some of the shakiest, wiggliest, and lumpiest gestures(which is most totally natural), therefore, they can and will be constantly improved upon with the most time and care in the world. Yet, for even most details, tips, and tricks on streamlining your figure and gesture drawings, would you like to look at this one video 👇??

?feature=shared

Let's hope they can and will work out for you the very best.😉😉😉

I tried to learn as much as possible from that video and i got that my technique is only a part of the bigger picture. Anyways I do not understand what he is saying, like in the section of intuitive proportions, his "wrong example" does not seem to be negative compared to the good one, because most importanly it is even better than how i usually draw, so I imagine how much of a bad example i would be to him. Anyways i tried again and this is the result. I took 5 minutes because it is impossible for me even to think the right lines (4 seconds for each one is literally light speed mental reflex).

looking at your work, it's very polished, especially for gesture drawing. i think you should try working with messier sketching/lineart, it'd grant you more freedom in your poses (a couple in the first image look stiff). with the final drawing, i think adding some basic shading could help it look more alive and more detailed.

About the shading part i think you meant by this. About the sketchy lineart, i don't know, man. I started using messier lines but it came out as an imprecise mess. https://imgur.com/YqwyRpF

Maybe if i have an example i would understand this a lot better.

Anyways, thanks

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.