Finally finding some courage to write.

首頁 論壇 實踐與建議 Finally finding some courage to write.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ozark 3 months ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

Hello everyone. How are you? I hope everyone is alright and enjoying their lives.

As the title says, I've finally found the courage to write after being silently in this website for almost a year.

I'm an art student. I consider myself a beginner due to the fact that I've started to draw seriously since a year. In the gesture drawing field I would say that I've started to draw seriously for less time, trying to apply myself every day, hoping to understand anatomy better with this mechanism while studying its complexity. I'm a kind of slow learner, so I literally submerge myself into it just because I costantly feel that I don't learn at all. Probably some of you will understand me, or probably most of you.

So, I've two question. Or better saying, One half-request and a question.

Would be okay if I show you, maybe in a sort of drive or another way, parts of my gesture drawing doing since my start in September 23 -My first discovery on gesture drawing thanks to my first drawing course, I started seriously, as I said, after- to now? I won't put everything because I don't want to be a burden to you, knowing that everyone has a life and not all the time of the world, and also because it's really a lot -lol-. Probably I will do a sort of monthly recap in the same drive, if it's okay. If you have better ideas please, tell me! I'm here to learn and to listen.

The second -or maybe first- question is about "schedule".

I costantly find myself with the desire of having a sort of schedule. Like, doing different studies in the day that could let me learn more thing and not just stop into one (like, doing in the morning a technical study of anatomy as, idk, muscles and how they works, their names, their importance and then, in the afternoon, doing an artistical work like drawing what I study before. I hope you can comprehend what I mean). But in the end I mostly find myself doing, for a week, the same thing and not finding a way to have a schedule that permits to do more that one thing. Probably because I think that if I don't do constantly anatomy i'm just lacking off or something. So, I would like to know what is you schedule like. How do you apply your day with the different arts studies of perspective, composition, color theory, inking and ecc.? Do you give yourselves specific times at the day to study them? Do you organize your week? I hope that I write well what I intended, English is not my mother tongue so I'm trying my best.

Sorry for the long message. It's the first time that I write here and well, I wanted to be the clearest possible. Thanks to those who made it to the end and to those who will answer me.

I hope everyone has a good day.

See you at the next message!

• Frollo edited this post on January 18, 2024 9:22pm.
    Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

To your first question, I'd be interested in seeing your work personally if you want to post it on here though I'd advise just picking some that you're not super sure what is/isn't working and just posting that on the critique board. With your second question I'm not sure I have good advise. Personally if I'm in a rut I like looking at older artists, Bridgeman's book Drawing from Life is always a fun one to try to figure out but its a little difficult. But also just looking at other artists like rembrandt or trying to imitate what their doing can be very helpful I think. It doesn't have to take much thinking and can be pretty relaxing.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.