Tips for gesture drawing of non-figures

首頁 論壇 實踐與建議 Tips for gesture drawing of non-figures

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Heirloomtomato 3 months ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

Hello! I'm a beginner artist and am wondering where to begin on gesture drawings for the classes that aren't figure studies. Such as expressions, hands, and environments. Which are the important areas to capture for a quick gesture drawing? There's no tutorial to cover this areas, to my knowledge.

Thank you,

Euphony

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Oops, I think I answered your question about the topic in the Support & Suggestion forum, because I thought its the Practice & Advice forum. But the answer would be generally the same.

i've found that i like using the environments and still life options to practice sight measuring and breaking things down into shapes based on value. i try to make sure im taking the time to measure out the angles and measures with my pencil or pen, and then go in and block out the values. on longer ones (anywhere from 2 mins- 10 mins depending on how complex the image is) i try and add more developed shading. then again you should take this with a grain of salt, i'm not really a qualified teacher or anything lol

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.