Dilan's Art Carnage Emporium

首页 论坛 批评 Dilan's Art Carnage Emporium

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Drunkenelf 11 months ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Here I will post my studies and drawings for critiquing and viewing. I haven't been posting lately due to working a lot. I want more time for art but I don't know the future or how things will turn out. Here is a batch I did yesterday

https://imgur.com/a/fRG0AGe

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Marvelous work on your...what is it? A 1 hour class? dilandoubishop. Marvelous and very great job on your current work on the human figures. (especially your quick roughs from 30s-1 minute)

I feel that the ruffs are just not too quicker enough I see, for they are very too extraneous in lines, but otherwise, they're all very, very, very clearest and cleanest. Would you like to please be the most boldest and ruthless with your line economy and organic flow with 2 hours of 59 second quickest poses? (7200/59=122 quieckest ruff sketches) (ruff=rough, a Disney term, more info, look into Dick Williams' The Animator's Survival Kit, Expanded Edition) (custom timer)

As a result, your lines and organic shapes and forms will become the least stiffest and scratchiest, and the most fluid, cleanest, dynamic, spontaneous, liveliest and energetic. For more details, be sure to look into the Mike Matessi books on PDF and the Proko Gesture drawings for free on YOUtube.

Good luck to you and your goal.

very good ! really captures the fluidity of the movements and looks like a freeze frame from life rather than a picture that has been posed for (if that makes sense). very accurate proportions but i will say (it might be the angles but) the neck could do with being ever so slightly longer. happy drawing!

1 1

Practice more with less and bolder lines. Other than that, the proportions seem ok. Try donig more 30 second figures

Face/Head studies. Been too busy with work. Trying to make more time to draw. Been soul searching too.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SoP0zb6

Figure Study 30 min class here on Line of action. I think I lost a lot of my skills. https://imgur.com/gallery/4SFRyLi

Hi and good morning, dilandoubishop. How are you? I'm fine and you?? Say, great job on your quick face and expression sketches. Way to go on your quickness and looseness of the drawings and more expression of the lines and shapes. You know, I've got one small request: I love the animation of those particular quick sketches, but I'm not getting enough of the simplicity and cartoon-like quality to them. Would you kindly go for 2 more hours of 29 second quick heads and expressions? (custom timer; 7200 seconds/29 seconds=roughly 248 scribbly poses of heads) The reason why you could and should go ahead with it good is because, to help make your expressive gestures of expressions the least stiffest and the most dynamic, energetic, expressive and liveliest. For more details, look into the Proko Head drawing and gesture drawing vids on youtube. Not to mention, this link.

Good luck to you and I hope these help and benefit you entirely.

Quick 29 sec drawings.

https://imgur.com/gallery/r12Xg0R

I haven't drawn or practiced seriously for 4 years.

A sketch I did using Figma Drawing figures and a fencing discourse for reference.

https://imgur.com/gallery/NSEfwVs

I think one of the dangers you're facing is overly-scribbly lines. We sometimes see masters do it, but the difference is that, masters deliberately choose to use scribbly lines, because they know its' benefits. For us, less experienced artists, scribbles are often tied with lack of confidence in our lines. Less confident lines result in less energy and hence less gestural uhh... gestures.

Remember, quick gestures aren't quick because they're drawn quickly. They're quick because we make less lines to portray the main essence of the pose and exaggerate the energy enough that you can feel it without all the intricate details. What scribbles often do is they add visual noise, that create a sense of detail when it's not really there, which makes us feel safer, but that's not what we want - we want to be confident in each and every line we make, why we make it and why is it the way it is, what it portrays. Try to do some gesture studies where you focus on portraying the pose with as few lines as possible.When I get a bit tied up in gestural drawings, I try to count them even. something like "Let's see if I can draw this pose using 15 lines". That really makes you think about how to use each line wisely, but in time it becomes a habit you don't necessarily need to contemplate for long.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

1 2

Say, dilan, nicest job on your latest toned figure sketch in the longest, longest time, however, you're far too hardest on yourself for the longest time, so how would you care to kindly be the most patient with not just your drawing learning curves, but also yourself? As a result, you can, shall, and in the future, will have had the most to live for in your whole career and life. Any and every life is precious, including yours. Hope it's the most compassionate.

When it comes to your quickest tone drawing, it seems a lot of too much fear has been put into it, so would you care to do your very-first-ever 2 hour class of figure sketches, in order to help develop and refine your forces, forms, and anatomies? Another arguement behind this constructive thing is because, your figure drawing tools and fundamentals will be the most masterful and second nature to you, when it comes to gestures, sillos, relationships, tones, and the wholes. And if you wanna expand your marches of the greatest of progress in action poses and attitudes, please look into the Ben Caldwell book, Action! Cartooning.

Hope it's been the most absolutely morale-boosting to you and your self-education. Have the greatest day!!

Well, dilan, I don't think that you've lost all of your skills completely on your last 30 minute figure study class mode, though you've done the most consistently finest job, furthermore, the lines all look or appear to be too hairiest, but itchiest, yet scratchiest to my sensibilities, so how would you please do yourself a favor and do your first 10 minute blind contour drawing of a figure drawing study, all flipped horizontally?

As a result, your observations and spatial awareness of the perceptions of edges will and can increase trillionfold and most exponentially in the most unprecidented way like never before, or since. And if you really thurst for the most knowledge, please be sure to pick up a copy of the three Betty Edwards books: 1) Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, Definitive 4th Edition, Drawing on the Artist Within, and lastly but not leastest, Drawing on the Dominant Eye. These books are all gonna help you polish and refine your greatest drawing and observation (seeing) prowesses, in their own most special ways. For example, it can and will teach you about the merits of the L-Mode/R-Mode style of thinking in art and sketching, and many, most more. I recommend if you really don't have them in your physical/digital libraries already, then I encourage you to go purchase them for your most incredible marches of progress.

Hope they've been completely and totally useful. Have the most nicest day.

Its okay man, art is hard and it can feel especially dificult when you can't tell when you are progressing. I've struggled with developing for a long time and all the rules and tips and tricks and tutorials can feel overwhelming. Here are somethings I have to remind myself when learning art.

Look at your work after you draw it. I forget thsi quite often. I used to think just the act of drawing was good enough to get better, but finishing and looking at your pieces analytically is super important. Figure out what parts of the figure works and what doesn't. For example, the piece you just shared has a pretty good torso and the shading on the legs is pretty good! Not perfect, but it'd fool most people. Then look at the parts of the figure that don't quite work like the face. It looks like you messed up the guidlines for the face and stretched the facial features out. Rexamine where you learned this technique and compare your piece to the one you were trying to emulate.

Another thing I have to remind myself is that pieces we make to learn things are different than the art pieces we make as a piece of art. The figure drawings we draw on this website, I am often trying to hone a technique, like accurately portraying the body in simple forms. It doesn't matter as much if I don't have time to start adding little details or shading, because the important part was understanding the body in simple forms.

Break down you artistic goals into smaller steps. The books Poly reccomended have great little steps to learn. Sometimes just reading a single page and copying what it teaches helps so much because you don't have to memorize an entire book before you draw.

And one of the most powerful things for improvement is critique from your peers or an expert. We all instinctively only want to share our best work, but getting advice from your artistic peers is far more efficient than just roughing it out on your own. Weekly, even monthly critiques will not only show you what you need to learn, but also remind you what parts of your art still work.

A completely extra thing art thing you can try is participate in some site critiques! Looking at other peoples work, trying to figure out what makes the pieces look good and what they need to work on will improve your artistic eye. Reading other peoples critiques of pieces also may answer artistic questions that you didn't even know you had and may protect your ego a little if your work looks similar. Art communities like these are very pwerful!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.