Hii! I made 300 new animal sketches. Could you take a look at them, please?

首页 论坛 实践与建议 Hii! I made 300 new animal sketches. Could you take a look at them, please?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Aunt Herbert 23 hours ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Since my previous post, I have been drawing 100 sketches daily. However, starting from the 40th image on the second day, I reduced my drawing time from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

Personally, I have noticed that this helps me identify patterns in the shapes of animals, allowing me to draw them much faster and understand their structure better. If you look from day 3 to day 4, you will notice the rapid improvement.

I would really appreciate your constructive criticism on any of them. I am focused on taking illustration as a professional medium. I will also be making complete illustrations in the coming days; if you don't mind, could I upload them as well and get your opinion? Thank you very much for your time.

Daily Practice #2 (23-06-2024)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/daily-practice-2-23-06-2024-nEzcFbB

Daily Practice #3 (24-06-2024)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/daily-practice-3-24-06-2024-ecf0f1I

Daily Practice #4 (25-06-2024)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/daily-practice-4-25-06-2024-VYeZZEa

• Jolty Beans edited this post on June 25, 2024 11:54pm. Reason: I made a mistake in 2 links to my sketches, I have corrected it.
    Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

I've been seeing your posts, and I think what might help is to slow down a bit and really get into the nitty gritty of studying forms and anatomy (some of yours are very strong, so you already have a decent foundation that might make the curve easier) - right now it feels like you're subscribing to the idea that practicing more will automatically improve your skills, but are you stopping to absorb the information? Are you learning anything?

Doing things like this can sometimes cause you to reinforce your bad habits, and will eventually burn you out. It might be worth adding longer timers, or trying to do things without the use of a timer at all - just take your time and really observe your subjects.

Your drawings look cute. Your mass approach to the audience is a bit overbearing, though. Scrolling through 300 sketches takes a lot of time, and when I read your title, I immediately had the strong impulse of "I don't know if I want to do that". That is frankly the reason, why it took me a while to answer.

Maybe you should presort your works a bit, and then only present a dozen or so at once. Maybe the ones you like best, although I know, that it's hard to pick your favorite children. Maybe some, where you tried to focus on a specific thing you wanted to achieve, or even some, where you approach something, that you find challenging to draw.

Also, your quality is very high and consistent. Which is off course a good thing, but it is also a sign, that you are well within your zone of comfort, and probably not exactly discovering a lot of new things doing it. You love your shorties, but how would you develop them, if you spent more time on each drawing? These are all 30 seconds, what would you do with a whole minute, now, that you have established your first steps so firmly?

If you occassionally try out 5 minute or 10 minute sketches, that would also give you a feedback on your shorties: Can I start a long drawing with eactly the technique, that I train with the shorties, or do I have to modify the initial lines and use another setup, because I don't get enough proportions developed to spend a longer time detailing them?

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.