Updated gesture drawing

首页 论坛 批评 Updated gesture drawing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kennycobweb 3 months ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Hello again! I've been following the Proko figure fundamentals course, and this is my updated attempt at gesture drawing tonight. Please let me know what you think. It hasn't come easily for me, but I've been practicing daily.

https://imgur.com/a/Z6Nt6ls

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

I like the flowing lines going on in some of them. If I were to offer advice I would say try and go for more of that flow and loosness. Generally you want gestures to be loose. For example, the top second from the right. Instead of trying to outline the figure perhaps go for the main line you see in the body. I might try for a line doing the arc of the arm then maybe another arc for the legs, then maybe more curving lines for form. These beginining lines might help you before going in with the form defining lines, to establish the basic flow of the pose. I also like the pose on the second page top right. That kind of quick flowing line on the front arm is good. An exercise that might help with this flow is the 30 second poses or perhaps even less. When you don't have a lot of time to draw it forces you to try to capture the essential lines needed to define the pose. I hope this is helpful and Merry Christmas!

1 1

Hi Euphony. The daily practice shows, your designs have improved a lot, although there are still inconsistencies between different attempts. The next steps on your art journey should be to develop your shortcuts of the individual parts of the body. How to show informations about where the head is located and oriented, ribcage with shoulderlines, the hip, the whole torso, the joints.

Do quicksketches, but don't rush to finish your sketches, just find good shortcuts and place them correctly. And I know, "nghbut then I nghcant finish the outline in time".... don't fixate on always finishing your outline. Design the features and get used to end with unfinished sketches when practice. That's not a bug, that is a feature.

2 1

Hi, Euphony. I completely think that the simple outlines and shapes are getting more flowing and on the right track. But I still feel that the potential is really shining though. The good message, I think still you're getting a stronger idea on the lines of action and rhythm, but the strong message is that the lines of action could and would have been more boiled down to their rawer essences. Why don't you please free up your lines and hands with 16 minutes of 2 minute poses? (8 drawings)

The reason why you would and could do this is as a result, your lines and forms will be soon drawn more organic, flowing, but fully fluider. I feel that you're still gonna get this. For more info, please look into the Tonika Pantoja videos on YouTube about gesture drawing for art, cartooning, and animation.

Let's hope these can, shall, and will moreso work.

Very nice! These drawings have a good flow to them, but some of them seem slick. I'm not sure if you just erased it, but if not, I think you should really start with a line of action for the pose. It might help capture more energy :)

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.