30 Second Gesture Critique

Home Forums Kritiek 30 Second Gesture Critique

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kim 7 years ago.

• Abonneren Favoriet

Hello!

I started trying to draw in September, and I've spent a whole lot of time working on quick gesture drawings (started at a minute, but been working on 30 seconds pretty much exclusively after the first week). I am definitely beyond where I was when I started, but I'm starting to run into the problem of plateauing. Compared to how the gestures were when I started, I can see that I've definitely begun to internalize the process, but looking at the last month's worth of drawings the improvement has completely stagnated. I can still see that there are problems with the flow of the gestures, but I just don't know the proper way to go about doing it differently. It's funny, how simple the gestures of experienced artists look, and how simple they make gesture drawing seem. I can see mine don't have the flow of their's, but I can't for the life of me see why.

Here are three pages of drawings from today (zoom for more detail, but even zoomed out will give you a good indication).

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Congratulations on your three months of improvement, and good on you for recognizing a plateau and seeking out new things to try.

I wonder if you would find Swen's recent posts about "rhythm" an interesting next challenge for your gesture drawing? They're in this thread: https://line-of-action.com/forums/topic/first-critique-request/#post-8886

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.