Known issues

Home Forums Ondersteuning & Suggesties Known issues

This topic contains 44 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Kim 1 year ago.

• Abonneren Favoriet

There was an older version of this post that I have retired, as there isn't really a scrap of recycled code from the old website, so naturally we're going to have a different set of issues.

A list of known issues we're working on fixing:

* The "critiques given" weekly critique counter is not resetting on users who are very active critiquers

* The "critiques received" box on the Your Studio page never updates.

Fixed

* Class mode sometimes speeds up after a break Fixed 06/29/2022

* Class mode on the environments tool does not advance photos Fixed 1/8/2019

* In the animal drawing tools, selecting "All but insects and other creepy crawlies" will throw an error where the tools claims to have no matching images even though it most certainly does. Resolved 10/13/2018

* "All mammals" in the animal tool DOES show only mammals, but not ALL available mammals. Resolved 10/13/2018

* "react" box is too low when clicking the "react" buttonon mobile, so it looks like it didn't open. Resolved 10/13/2018

* "reacts" work on responses to own sketchbook images, when really only critique responses should be reactable. Fixed 9/18/2018

* Stand-alone URLs are not being properly converted into links on the forums. Fixed 9/18/2018

* There's an error that can occur when trying to save a custom goal Fixed 9/18/2018* 7 day streak badges are showing as broken images Fixed 9/18/2018

* Sometimes when copying/pasting from another forum post, you'll end up with bizarre extra bbcode styling that we do not actually support.

* Some of the blog post images need to be re-linked, since we've moved all our files around. UPDATE 9/8: I'm about halfway through linking everything back up.

*Sometimes forum topics are appearing out of order Tentatively fixed 9/9/2018

* Choosing "only show live animals" in the drawing tools is causing the tools to erroneously report that it doesn't have any images. Fixed 9/9/2018

* Some of the tool images appear more blurry/pixelated than before. Not yet clear why this is effecting some images and not others. UPDATE: We have a clue, the server is working to regenerate images with the new compression guidelines, we'll see if that rights this! Update 9/8/2018: Everything is confirmed back to normal with tool images now.

* Because we don't have proper timezone settings yet, what day study time is assigned to can feel totally absurd for some users.

• Kim edited this post on September 7, 2018 6:59pm. Reason: Fix to blurry images being tried
    • Kim edited this post on September 7, 2018 8:57pm.
    • Kim edited this post on September 7, 2018 9:40pm. Reason: Password reset issue was resolved, removing it from the list
    • Kim edited this post on September 9, 2018 6:31pm.
    • Kim edited this post on September 17, 2018 6:02pm.
    • Kim edited this post on September 17, 2018 11:50pm.
    • Kim edited this post on September 19, 2018 2:10pm.
    • Kim edited this post on October 14, 2018 3:03am. Reason: Fixed animal image categories, react box on mobile
    • Kim edited this post on January 7, 2019 4:47pm.
    • Kim edited this post on January 8, 2019 5:55pm.
    • Kim edited this post on July 5, 2022 8:05pm. Reason: Adding fix for classmode speed up
    Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Pushed out a whole bunch of fixes and changes today, including these on this list:

* In the animal drawing tools, selecting "All but insects and other creepy crawlies" will throw an error where the tools claims to have no matching images even though it most certainly does.

* "All mammals" in the animal tool DOES show only mammals, but not ALL available mammals.

* "react" box is too low when clicking the "react" buttonon mobile, so it looks like it didn't open.

Onwards and upwards :D

Fixed the issue "Class mode on the environments tool does not advance photos"

Or, of course, maybe I didn't. Let me know if you still have problems ;)

Hey, Kim.

How are you?

Say, I have a problem with my push notifications on all my Apple devices, and that is, I really, truly can't register all of them as my push devices. Would you, could you fix this and find a solution to my problem, pretty please??

Your biggest follower,

Polyvios Animations

Hi Polyvios,

It looks like I probably can't! https://caniuse.com/#feat=push-api It seems apple does not support this protocol. I will update the pages with some clarity on this.

Hey Kim, I think I found a bug that isn't on your list of known lissues.

If a user has a slow connection the timer starts before the images to load. For example, it takes an image 5 seconds to load while doing 30 second drawings, the user now has 25 seconds to finish the gesture drawing as opposed to the expected 30 seconds.

Steps to replicate:
    Start a geasure drawing session with a timer of 30 seconds
    Using the Chrome dev tools, set your network speed to "Slow 3G"

As the loading spinner spins, the timer will decrease before the image is loaded.

Hope that helps, thanks for all the hard work!

Hey Kim, I'm OK, how are you? Say I've got a problem, and that's this image down here: I was so upset. I couldn't chill out. I was offended when that A Bankrupt Math Student image couldn't load up completely, second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, with no end in sight. Can you fix it up for everyone, please?????

What is a "A Bankrupt Math Student" photo? Do you just mean that the site was laggy at the time?

Yes, it was laggy, in terms of the photo series, Kim.

Polyvios Animations

Hey, Kim, I have a problem, and that's my practice streak not updated from 45 days to 46. I just hit that number. Would you help me fix that up, pretty please? And do you know why?? Because I'll be grateful if you do. Hope you'll have the time and stamina to solve this problem.

Polyvios Animations

I have a very seriously tougher technical problem, Kim.

Every time I reload my Your Studio page, it does one of two issues, it either doesn't update my number of days or numbers of minutes spent oracticing, or it crashes and then gives out the blasted 404 error message. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Sincerely,

Polyvios Animations

Here is my image of my technical issue.

Kim,

My Your Studio page update is broken, and it really, really, REALLY won't let me progress with my drawing practice. The reason why is because, every time I refresh the page, my numbers for the week don't change today. Would you please do something with that elephant in my room? Thanks in advance.

Your avid and dedicated student,

Polyvios Animations

I apologize, we've been having some crashing issues with our hosting today! I've tried rebooting, we'll see if that helps anything.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.