5 min sketches: trying to improve gesture and proportions (with minimal amount of lines) so I can draw better poses

首页 论坛 批评 5 min sketches: trying to improve gesture and proportions (with minimal amount of lines) so I can draw better poses

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Polyvios Animations 1 week ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

hello,this is my first post. I've been using this site for a while. Do you have any criticism for me?

Link to studies

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hi, your practice studies tell me you dedicate too much effort for the wrong reasons. You usually use straight lines the entire time and I am sorry to tell you but that's not enough, straight lines are really rare to see, unless you either want to really want to simplify or the pose itself really is that static.

Next point, simplify more, dont draw the legs as the different curves that make it, just draw a triangle as the thighs and a line for the rest of the leg to attach the foot as a triangle after (triangle if it is shown from the side and a trapezoid if shown from the front.)

Next thing, the shapes of deconstructing the pose are wrong, they are in the middle of being two dimensional to kinda respect a third dimension. Try drawing the torso as a clessidra, you first find the line that connects the shoulders and the other one for the legs.

Finishing off be aware of the proportions, a head and the torso together should be as long as the legs. The head should also be big enough to be half of the distance the shoulders

Hello, Integrity, and good morning. Nice job on your first try, but there are too many straight lines, but not enough curves and S curves in your energy drawings, in your figures. How would you care to just go ahead with caricaturing your straights and curves with 6 minutes of 2 minute blind contours?

The reason why you could and should go ahead with this tiny, little suggestion is because your figure drawings can and will have a really unopposed sensitivity in vitality and energy in lines and shapes. So for more tips on practicing, please just look into the Daniel Coyle book on Talent.

My hat's off to you.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.