My first 25 minute drawing on Line of Action

首页 论坛 批评 My first 25 minute drawing on Line of Action

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Amberer M 2 years ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Hello their humans,
    I've been out of the art game for quite some time (like 10 years) but after therapy and really working back towards my passions, i've started art again. I would like to learn the fundamentals more deeply before pressing forward and developing my own style to share with the world. I've started breaking down shapes and trying to get the rythm of the human form. Please critique and let me know how I can improve. Here is my first 25 minute figure drawing.

https://ibb.co/M1NYtjT

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hello Morgan,

Beautiful line and nice drawing. Just keep drawing. You'll get your own style automatically. The upper arm and upper torso are maybe too short.

Thank you!
    It's been such a long time, I feel mega rusty but I'll get back into the groove and get even better. I wasn't sure (in the moment) if I made it too squished or the perspective was her getting father away while leaning back on the chair. I'm pretty sure I just squished her.
    Appreciate your reply and thanks for being the first person to speak to me on this website!

Hey Morgan,

I'm glad you're finding some joy in art again, I love to hear things like that. You've got some really nice details in this drawing, particularly in the hands and face.

Two things I notice are that the lines are all the same thickness, and there isn't any shading applied yet. I suggest experimenting with these things. You could try to do some quicker sketches starting with the shading... Explore how you can express detail through blocks of shading. Play around with a charcoal and see what types of shade and lines you can accomplish with changes to pressure and the edge of the charcoal you apply. And of course, give yourself the leniency to play! Experiments don't have to look perfect.

• Loillty edited this post on October 5, 2021 11:25pm.

Well, your female figure is amazingly incredible display of drafting skill, MorganWant. That's your very awesome job on your overall proportioins and angles and details.

So, if I could suggest you a littler suggestion, I must say that though the action and acting is really getting closer there into the gesture drawing, but.....I'm not getting enough of the fluidity and life in the spaces, lines, and relationships. Would you kindly free up your hands with yet another 30 minute class mode?

The reason why you could, would and should do this critique is because, if your current and/or goal is to make your figures do something and feel like they're totally moving, then I could encourage you to do it.

Good luck to you and your current goal. And furthermore, check out Drawabox.com and Youtube's Proko robobean video.

Polyvios Animations.

Hello Morgan, I see it very beautiful, keep working and you will find your style. I'm studying again, I also feel rusty, I hope I can help you more next time.

Nicely done! Glad you are getting back into something that feeds your soul! I very much enjoy how you captured the model's expression.

Hi Morgan,

First of all, your drawing is beautiful. I feel like the body is spot on. The only thing I can think of is that the face could be slightly smaller in proportion to the body, but to be honest I could be wrong about that. Overall I'm very impressed. The movement and fluidity that you have managed to capture is soemthing many artists would strive for

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.