Need help with tricky pose!

首页 论坛 批评 Need help with tricky pose!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Drunkenelf 1 year ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Trying to figure this one out, I've been tweaking it for a while and I could use a fresh set of eyes on it. I don't do a ton of interesting perspectives so this has been a bit tricky. Thank you for helping!!

my drawing

Space Walk: an Ad-free Android game

Support us to remove this

Try not to get hung up on a single drawing, if you are struggling it's best to move on to something fresh. The only way to get better is to do a lot of bad drawings.

If you really want to see where you are going wrong, try tracing the pose, once you flatten it out you will be able to see the shapes and relationships more clearly, without your own brain getting in the way of perceiving it.

2 1

Greatest performance on your most trickiest pose, but kindly don't you get too hung up on the most complicated details in your attitude, so would you love to go for 2 hours of 30 second fastest and scrawliest poses, regardless of complication? The reason is as a result, your most complicated of attitudes will be the least hardest to do, and the most simplest and easiest to look at and sketch out, for you can and will be able to be the most easiest with your fluidest and flowing lines of action and rhythm. Look, I know it's the easiest to be too stiffest with your studies, so it's all alright that all artists hate all of their stiffest drawings, but the only best solution by far, is to do it another time or more, in order to get the best confidence in your sketching knowledge, and the knowledge of anything. For most details, please suggest yourself a copy of Andrew Loomis' Figure Drawing for All It's Worth, physically or otherwise. Good luck to you today.

Hey Bees Knees, you are right, that is really a tricky pose! But i think you did a good job so far:)

I think the main issues are the arm in the front and the angles of your planes are a little bit off.

I did some drawings on how i would approach this pose, i hope they help you:

https://imgur.com/a/xkzigM8

1 2

Some already great advice in this thread! I think the two things that are really hurting this pose for you is the awkward angle of the figure's left arm and also the small hands.

Its hard to understand the logic of the form for the upper arm and how its connected at the elbow. Practice drawing cylinders a little bit longer than a toilet paper roll, drawing it at different angles. You don't have to draw something from life, a cylinder is simple enough that you should be able to understand it in your imagination. Rotate it, flip it, tilt it, forward and back. Understanding the cylinder helds to understand how to position the arms, because the base form of all our limbs is that of a cylinder. Draw the limbs as cylinders first, then add curves from the muscles later.

I think the hands don't work they are too small, and this hurts the illusion of a figure holding the hammer. Maybe the hands are actually a little smaller on the model and you didn't want to over do it, but its better to go a little larger when you are sketching something that you are going to add more details to later, because these detail usually shrink the form as you add to them. Also, I think larger hands might help sell the power of the pose a little more.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.