Quick Pose Practice | Using The Bean

首页 论坛 批评 Quick Pose Practice | Using The Bean

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Jordanimatic 11 months ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Hey, I'm back. I recently just did these quick poses not letting the process get to me as much as it use to. It has been awhile since I've practiced but I'm getting into the habit of it. As usual I'm still learning and all feedback is appreciated, Thanks!

Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1y87Gx8U1iR6dZ5kVFPp4u3CvIvs6Rqbglk8XhANaLwA/edit?usp=sharing

Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

Doing a great job understanding the bean pose! If you want to just practice the bean in general, there is no shame in just drawing the bean and ignoring the limbs in order to really understand it. Reeeeeallly stretch or exaggerate the bends and twists in the torso. Most people unconsiously hold back and when the piece is built upon, the lack of bending becomes really apparent. Don't be afraid to fill a page with just these torso studies in order to really get the form.

As for the next step, if you are comfortable enough with the bean, i'd examine how to connect the arms and legs to the bean as if it was a torso, shoulders and neck especially. The bean is a usefull tool when undertsanding the torso, but it doesn't have great guidelines for wear those extending parts go. Marking where the collar bone is helps a lot, since thats where the neck starts and where shoulders typically extend horizontally from.

1 2 1 1

Say,Kly Kuu, nice job on your range of organic shapes and forms in drawing the bean shapes, but I'm not getting enough of that squash and stretch in exaggeration and staights vs. curves, but how would like to kindly go for the interactive drawing tutorial right here on our website?

The reason why if you could do this tutorial interactively, then you could and would and should be able to apply that to your bean poses from 5 seconds-5 minutes. So please don't be afraid to fill up your canvas or page or two with your interactive drawing exercise. The more faster and funny your sketch them out, the more organic and satirized your bean-shaped bodies will become. Hope these things have become absolutely, completely and truly helpful, encouraging and supportive.

If you don't mind me asking where could I access this interactive drawing tutorial? @Polyvios Animations

These are great gesture drawings. My only suggestion is that it might be helpful to draw where the joints are (in the shoulders, elbows, knees, etc.). Unless the intention is that you are going for a cartoon-ish/"rubberhose" style in these gestures, it's still very helpful to be aware of the anatomy the character is based on so you know which proportions and poses to push.

Regarding the anatomy, it's important to "anchor down" where specific body parts are. I would otherwise recommend drawing boxes for the palms and ankle bones, and then extending out the lines for the fingers and feet respectively from there. But for the sake of gesture, keeping the shapes simple is great for keeping the "flow."

Specifically in the second set of drawings (6), the arms tend to start lower than the shoulder because the joint and shoulder/deltoid muscles aren't shown. Find where the joints would go, and then base the gesture off your understanding of anatomy. Raise the shoulders, lift the elbows higher, etc. Knowing where the body parts would go can only strengthen the impact of the gesture.

1 3

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.