1 minute poses - critique needed

Inicio Foros Crítica 1 minute poses - critique needed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Polyvios Animations 1 year ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

Hello!

I never posted here before, so I hope I do everything right :)

Here are some of my one minute poses I did as well as some hand and feet practise (we're gonna ignore the Megamind head floating around there haha).

I hope to receive some critique :))

Thank you in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/3zYRO1a

Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

These are nice! Clean and well proportioned. In spots the torso is a little long. But I wouldn’t consider it a mistake for a 1 minute drawing.

In my opinion the goal of short drawings is like an archer trying to hit the bullseye. It’s not about eventually getting to the bulls eye, it’s about getting a high percentage of accuracy. You are pretty much on target. It depends on how much stylization you want to imbed into your practice or if you want to be true to the figure. If you gave yourself a little more time, cross counters that respond to perspective would be the next step but some types of cartooning are intentionally flat.

Very nice, you are clearly very skilled.

2 1

Thank you very much for your feedback :)

Usuario eliminado

I think you are doing very well. You've developed a simple approach to the figure and it will help a lot when you want to paint one or make one more detailed. One of the things I would start to do is to define light and shade. It will give your work more dimension.

2 1

Thank you so much!

What time frame would you recommend for shaded practises?

Hey Teekonu, and welcome to Line of Action, I'm Polyvios Animations and how are you? Greatest job as I have seen so far on your hands, feet, and figures in the link above, and however, I'd seen your Megamind doodle, but great line confidence and some motion in that one, too.

So, in order to make your drawing, and it needs a little bit of improvement, then would you kindly free up your hands with 10 minutes of 30 second hands, feet, and your understanding of figures and Dreamworks and other animated characters in lines of action in contrasts of sizes and shapes?

As a result, as I've said above, your drawings and cartoons will get to be the least stiffest and the most dynamic, alive, and internally motivated in the lines. Good night and I hope you've found this current goal helpful on the longest run.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.