Critique for my hand and foot drawings?

Inicio Foros Crítica Critique for my hand and foot drawings?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Cede 3 years ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

Hello. I have used this site a few times, and today I decided to create an account. This is my firstpost. It is a set of gesture drawings from the hand and foot category of this site. It took 43 minutes for all of them. Is there anything I can improve at? Thank you in advance.

My Drawings

• Jinxxed edited this post on July 1, 2020 6:28am.
    Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

These gestures look very fluid and clean! But the feet appear stretched, a little too enlongated; however the structure is very solid and it is easy to understand the pose. As for the hands, they contain a similar problem when in a more complex position. If something doesn't look right, you may have made a section too long, but the finer detail are perfect.

1 1

These are great! We can tell what the poses are and overall, I love them! One thing I noticed is that they may be easier to understand with fewer extra lines, as usually you can see your work better that way and it looks a little neater. For example, try going over only the necessary lines with a pen or marker and erasing the rest to see what it would look like. This could also be a personal preference, so it's up to what you want.

Wow! I absolutely and totally adore all your hand and feet sketches very much, Jinxxed, yet I've got one small request: Would you like to go for yet another 42 minutes of 30 second sketches of them, pretty please? The reason is because, you'll get even most boldest line economy, instead of those extraneous edges. Hope and pray that it'll work out for you.

Polyvios Animations

Hi Jinxxed

The drawings are amazing! The hands and feet are really dinamic and expressive. For further challenge you could try doing different types of hands and feet, for example more chubby, masculine, feminine ones...

Hi Jinxxed

The drawings are amazing! The hands and feet are really dinamic and expressive. For further challenge you could try doing different types of hands and feet, for example more chubby, masculine, feminine ones...

it's nice to see your works capturing the overall structure of feet & hands, and by my standard they're done in a good way. Your lines are fluid and confident, the structures are convincing and relatively easy to understand. Something I want to recommend to you is try doing both digital and traditional practice and more gesture drawings, it's only a suggestive opinion, but from my experiences this will help you to have a better control when doing figure drawings.

As someone already pointed out, there still exists minor problems in proportion and tiny structures, but I'm currently having trouble with that as well, so better listen to someone else than me.

Anyway, Good job and keep up.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.