digital gestures - 19/10

Inicio Foros Crítica digital gestures - 19/10

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Polyvios Animations 1 year ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

Hi all! First post here, long-time lurker.
    I'm just finishing up a degree, so I've spent the last 4-some-odd years doing more conceptual and experimental art and have drifted away and out of practice with my first passion; drawing. So, I've decided I really need to get back into practicing, as I've tried to jump straight back into illustration and have found it simply put, depressing. I've backslid a considerable amount and really need to get back to basics.

So, please be gentle with me, but I really need to loosen up, get a better grasp on my anatomy, and work on my clarity. I'm just struggling and feeling directionless right now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

(link)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hello,

the overall proportions of the drawings are great. I would suggest working on adding some more movement in the leg areas as they look a bit stiff. Overall theise look good keep practicing!

Thank you! I'm glad the proportions are okay. I'll definitely work on loosening up more.

Ayo sup VZ here.

First of all, I really like your style, I think you can develop very beautiful gesture drawings if you keep practicing.

Now, my advice would be to work on the movement, I will quote a paragraph from the book figure drawing design and invention.

'' At an early stage of the gesture drawing, the focus will be on communicating an idea to a viewer or audience. To communicate an idea effectively, you want to start by distilling everything seen into only the essential qualities of the figure in front of you.

The lines most crucial to showing a figure are the C curve, the straight line, and the S curve. And, to keep the natural quality of the human form, we need the use of line that continually emphasizes visual ideas of balance and movement. Beginning with only a C or S curve, the main focus is on positioning one of the curve's apexes higher than the one that follows. Try asymmetrical use of lines, by keeping the high points of the curves slightly offset, the eyes are forced to move through them. This gives you the ability to have a great deal of control over where the viewer's eyes go and how quickly. This is one way of dealing with composition at a very early stage of drawing. ''

I hope this bit of information might be helpful for you, have a nice day

2 3 2

The lines are nice and complete, for the most part there are no scratchy lines. If you need to get back to basics, I recommend draw a box .com it’s completely free. It’s a different approach from what I was taught in school but I completely believe in it. If you are interested in drawing from memory I recommend going on Instagram and copying the work of atelier.morpho thedrdraw tomfoxdraws and taco1704.

They are already looking quite good, but my main tip would be to try and reduce down your number of lines, as I feel some of the sketches are getting quite messy and cluttered, which takes away a bit from the overall movement and readability

1 1

Good morning, Elixinator, and welcome aboard to Line of Action (Formerly Artists.Pixelovely.Com), I'm Poly, and how are you today?

I've looked and studied all of your sketches and it seems or looks that the gestures read completely and totally on the right track. (And so are some silhouettes and proportions and angles) Great job on your first Imgur post! Yet, I'm not getting enough of those warmed-up lines of action and rhythm in those attitudes. How would you like to go for 4 minutes of 30 second attitude sketches? As a result your lines of action and rhythm and balance will become even more loosest and lightest, if you'd cut down the brush opacity to 30-40% tops, tops!

Great luck to you, and I hope this trick helped you out in the longest run! 😉

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.