Just what some critque :)

Inicio Foros Práctica y consejos Just what some critque :)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by sulpai 1 day ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

Don't really know what I should work on! Thanks in advance for any help

• Platospace edited this post on October 17, 2023 7:54pm. Reason: Link didnt work prop
    • Platospace edited this post on October 17, 2023 7:54pm.
    Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

Hello, Platospace, and greatest works on your figure drawings' gestures, silhouettes, and relationships (proportions and angles). But these poses don't look or seem caricatured or exaggerated enough yet. How would you like to go ahead with 12 minutes of 2 minute poses.

The reason is to make your poses lesser than stiff and lesser than boring, but more cartoonier but zanier and therefore energetic. For more details look at this video down there, and more. 👇

https://youtube.com/shorts/cMm3OcBCCAg?si=cXimTx1JlLD_htID

Good luck to you from us!

Ty sm !! Ill def try that some time soon

Hi!

Want to first state that I love the attention to detail on the hunched poses. You've put focus on a clear silhouette and the interactions with all of the poses :) Even love the detail in the angle of the one that's reading a book.

What is it that you want to primarily focus on right now?

If you're looking to push the Force on the poses (ex. like the force on the hunched poses) try practicing Poses with a shorter timer (I typically do a few sets of 30 secs and a few sets of 1 minute, then transitioning to 5-10 minutes). As stressful as it is at first, this helps train your eye to grab that center line of each pose and to grasp the motion of the pose while grabbing the basic information of where anatomy is at (location of collar bone, shoulders, head, rib cage, pelvis, legs and feet).

Michael Mattesi has a really good book on this called "FORCE: Dynamic Life Drawing" and he has A BUNCH of videos and past livestreams on his youtube channel that goes over the information in his book

Here's the Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@drawingforce

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.