Recommendations for Figure Drawing books to improve my art.

Inicio Foros Práctica y consejos Recommendations for Figure Drawing books to improve my art.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jappersinho 1 day ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

Hi, good evening,

I am looking for recommendations on the best figure drawing books to improve not only my figure drawing skills but also my overall art, particularly in creating stylized drawings like comics and manga. I recently tried “Figure Drawing: Design and Invention” by Michael Hampton, which I found to be good, but I couldn’t go further after the chapter on landmarks.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thank you, and have a good evening/night/morning/etc. :)

P.D: I know i said books, but if you have another sources to recommend like videos or courses that are aimed for beginner/intermediate artists like me i would appreciate that too.

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Mastering Drawing the Human Figure: From Life, Memory and Imagination (Dover Art Instruction). Jack Faragasso is highly regarded for the Reilly system of drawing and painting. Might make sense to you, might not. Pass it along, you might find people more inclined to this

Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing From Life. A classical style of drawing.

Figure Drawing for All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis. He was a student of Bridgman. This will definitley help you as comic book artist

Morpho: Simplified Forms: Anatomy for Artists (Morpho: Anatomy for Artists, 2.

Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. A good read in making your storytelling stronger

How to Draw and Paint Anatomy, All New 2nd Edition: Creating Lifelike Humans and Realistic Animals (Fox Chapel Publishing) Complete Artist's Guide & CD; Step-by-Step Guidance to Bring Your Art to Life. Touches on people and animal anatomy

Alphonse Mucha: Masterworks. Just because.

How to Draw Drawing and sketching object and environments from your imagination by Scott Robertson. Recommended by many artist in the industry of comics, video games ect. They say its worth its weight in gold.

Wow, that's a lot of sources, thank you very much for the variaty of books you shared with me, i'll definitively check out one of them when i can.
    Thank you again, have a good day dilandoubishop :)

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.