1 min gesture drawing feedback

Page d'accueil Forums La critique 1 min gesture drawing feedback

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Yangrc 2 years ago.

• S'abonner Favori

Recently I haven't been totally satisfied with where I'm going in my figure drawings and so I've been working on my gesture often. I would love to get some feedback on my work so far! Thank you in advance :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17pNXpJcZBswQaRihN83FVE1T54TrdruI?usp=sharing

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Well, yangrc, I totally love how gestural your drawings have become, so far, so good.

Again, if I would provide you a totally sincere flak, I suggest that some of the figure bodies are just a little bit to rigid, and there's not enough squash-and-stretch. Why don't you please do more of that, with 15 minutes of 30 second warm-up bad writings? (900 seconds/30 secs=20 sketches)

The reason why you could use this suggestion is because, to reduce stiffness in your gesture poses, and to give them more of that dynamic, energetic, vital, and fluid quality.

To see more of what I mean, be sure to check out this link right here:http://sevencamels.blogspot.com/2011/10/squah-and-stretch-part-two.html

And this image of what I mean:

Thanks for reading, and good luck to you. Cheers.

1 1

I like the way it looks a lot. The lines are very satisfying :D

I think you did a really great job of capturing the twist and motion in the spine and leg areas especially! I think a good next step would be to do longer gestures focusing on adding more structure to the pose without losing the motion. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the feedback @Polyvios Animation ! I definitely see what you mean by the squash-and-stretch so I will focus on really capturing that in my sessions.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.