1 year gesture after, Please critique

Page d'accueil Forums La critique 1 year gesture after, Please critique

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Rubber Arts 2 years ago.

• S'abonner Favori

hi everyone, this is my second post after a year trying to improve. But I'm really frustrated because I've been studying art online for two years and at first I felt progress but lately I feel like I'm stuck. I would really appreciate if someone could give me some guidance on which parts I can improve and how they have made progress.

I will share a practice and a complete drawing.

Thank you all very much and nice new year :)

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

laitochris,

If you feel stuck, why not draw so many on the same page? Once you have more than one figure on a page you are now composing. This can cause distractions and limit your movements on the surface. I often recommend no more than three images per page, but if you are struggling, place only one per page. It is not a waste of paper, it is an investment in your talent.

The one thing I think you are doing really well is changing your line quality. You have a nice touch. If you would like to move up to the next level, why not try mass drawing? Take a bigger brush- if you are working digitally, or if physically- Use the side of your implement: and draw the form in chunks. This is a lovely skill and I feel it will definitely help you see your next level in your art game.

All the best,

JCML Fine Art

So, Laitochris, I really do say that you're getting pretty clear and clever with your rough gestures and your final bishoujo character design. I totally and completely comend your progress on your gesture drawings, especially your 30-100 second digital sketches. Way to go!

When it comes to a constructive criticism or two, I'd like to point out two issues: 1) Your 30 second lines of action are getting to be a bit too tame and heavy; would you please tune down the opacity of brush to 40%, and work out your lines with your elbow? 2) A few of the lines are a teensy bit too lumpy, but that's alright, you're here to learn drawing. Would you kindly be able to warm-up with some drawing exercises with this link right here?

The two reasons why you would and could do these things is because: First of all, you'll be able to get your lines to be able to drawn funny in terms of emotion and acting, like in your animations and comics. Second of all, your lines will be able to get smoother, slickest, and have a nice elastic appeal to it, but otherwise, your final long illustration is perfectly fine. Drawing and sketching is fun, and I hope it's guaranteed to be definitely and absolutely satisfying.

Good luck, and my hat's off to you, and a Happy New Year,

Polyvios Animations

Hi, the posts above had some great comments about your gesture drawing. I'll provide some feedback about the second one. The lines look pretty fluid and your color looks really nice. The face and eyes are especially nicely done. However, you may need to pay a little bit more attention to proportion and skeletal structure. Right now two upper arms don't seem to have the same length. It doesn't have to be 100% correct but make sure it's not too obvious ;). Good luck!

Your gesture drawings are great!

However, I would try flipping the image on whatever software you use for completed drawings. I think that would really help with the proportions of the face and hands.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.