Just starting on here, looking forward to learning more!

Page d'accueil Forums Discuter de tout Just starting on here, looking forward to learning more!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Stewart Ferguson 2 years ago.

• S'abonner Favori

Used to be into art back in middle school but lost the muscle memory over the years. Returning to the medium and doing decently, but looking forward to improving greatly!

Here's a showcase of my work so far that I'm proud of!

https://imgur.com/gallery/8YnAXjU

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

lol, "the office space" one cracks me up

Yeah, it was inspired by me and a few friends having computer issues. My computer broke literally a day ago so like, it fits haha

Yeah, it was inspired by me and a few friends having computer issues. My computer broke literally a day ago so like, it fits haha

Welcome! I'm new too! Are you looking to incorporate what you learn from the realistic drawing toward your other work? Or will you apply that same style to your figure drawing practice here?

Welcome \^w^, you have some nice work, looking forward to what you make later on.

Welcome aboard, Wendigo.

Say, I must really love the amount of potential your quick drawings have to offer. Nice job on your stylized drawings.

Well, if I was to suggest you a critique, I must say that though the idea and energy are there, in the Office Space sketch, but the lines and shapes are a bit stiff for my tastes. Why don't you please, take the office space sketch, and practice loosening yourself up with that sketch, plus with 5 minutes of 30 second sketches? (10 practice drawings)

The reason why you would do this is because, of this video here:

?t=35

This is the video with Chuck Jones, WB Animator, Director, and Designer, on Getting Started. There, he talked about that teacher at Chouinard Art Institute (now Cal Arts) called Francois Murphy. Francois said, "every one of you birds has 100,000 bad drawings in you. The sooner you get rid of 'em, the better it'll be for everybody!"

Another reason why you could do this is as a result, your cartoon drawings will have less stiffness and more dynamism, vitality, and energy. Not to mention the fact that it's perfectly natural that your sketches will be all the more scribbly, but that's OK, you're just here to help yourself improve, innovate, and most importantly, have fun with it.

If you're new on this website, (if you haven't already) look at the link to this online drawing tutorial link here: https://line-of-action.com/learn-to-draw

Good luck to you, and I hope you've found these definitely useful and helpful.

Thank you all for your well wishes in joining this website!

To Bugorama, I am trying to incorporate more of the human body into the sketches I create ideally. Can't have anthropomorphic figures without knowing the human form to base it off of first, haha

To Polyvios, thank you for the tip on starting with a warmup first. Most of the sketches went from brain to paper immediately as to not lose the idea, but over the last few days, I have learned that warming up initially has helped significantly and the modes for the figure drawing are an excellent tool.

Once again, thank you for your welcome and I look forward to updating when time allows! ^^

Wonderful to meet you, welcome to the forum! I'm also new here!, i just started do draw i few month ago c: Your works are very nice! :)

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.