Photo Didn't Upload Glitch [RÉSOLU]

Page d'accueil Forums Soutiens et suggestions Photo Didn't Upload Glitch

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kim 5 years ago.

• S'abonner Favori

I've been trying to uppload a photo of a drawing I did for critique, and it keeps saying the picture didn't upload properly. It's in JPG format. Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks for any help. :)

• Kim edited this post on September 21, 2018 5:23pm.
    • Kim edited this post on September 23, 2018 6:20pm. Reason: Closing support request since OP accepted answer
    Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hi Bookwrymling! I'm gonna have a few questions to try to narrow this down. First off, what's the file size of the image you're trying to upload? :)

hey Kim,

i have the same issue too. my pictures are mainly 2.5 MB, is that too big?

alex

Hi axm, the server limits uploads to 2MB a file at this time. I believe Kim is looking into this! In the meantime, reducing the picture dimensions a bit or running it through a compressor like TinyPNG (it compresses .jpg, .png and .gif files I think) can get most pictures under 2MB without a real loss of quality.

Yup, Sanne hit it on the head, 2MB is our current limit. I'm seeing if there's anything realistically and safely to be done about that, but that's what it is for now. :)

Okay, that makes sense. I'll try to scale it down. Thanks for the help

I'll see what I can do about making this limit clearer and equipping us with a better error message so people know what's going on. :)

How about writing the upload program so it automatically reduces the photo to 500k or so?

It does in fact already do some automatic reduction of the photo once we receive it; the problem is that it won't receive larger images right now in the first place. :)

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.