Pose Practice

Page d'accueil Forums La critique Pose Practice

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Thephilistine 1 year ago.

• S'abonner Favori

Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Yqj8J2sBQMMIqITioPkgv_yl9A1dIo71p79Yyhdv1s0/edit?usp=sharing

Trying to get better at drawing people, what are some improvments I can make?

All feedback is appreciated.

• Kly Kuu edited this post on March 4, 2023 10:29pm.
    Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Good evening Kly.

I think you're capturing your proportions well I feel. Your figures could benefit from having a little more life in them. The line of action is much more than a connecting line for the masses, it captures the movement of the figure. I think the way you separate the masses (the trunk and pelvis) is taking away from the gesture as well. Try some quick sketches and disregard the body but focus on the gesture. This forced me to shape my figure along the line of action and add more feeling. this link can expain what I'm trying to say about gesture better. I hope my advice is taken positively and I wish you well on your drawing journey!

I think you have a certain ability to control the proportions of the human head, chest cavity, and pelvis,

but you have neglected their positional relationship, that is, how they look in the photo, which requires the human body to be two-dimensional.

Thanks for the feedback @Thephilistine!

Watched the video you recommended and what you told me was to focus more on the flow/movement of the pose rather than trying to be dead accurate.

I tried doing some practice today & I'm currently struggling with it(as expected) but I'm learning in the process.

Got a little upset but didn't let that stop me and I doodled some poses in the moment.

Is this kind of what you suggested?

Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12lBQHsoGTSWI9zuJN8nGM5UhrTE3uCs_OZr6xx1M5oI/edit?usp=sharing

Good evening, Kly Kuu, and welcome aboard, and how are you doing tonight? Say, you're do a mighty, powerful finer job on your broader strokes in terms of forces, your spaces, and your relationships, in addition to being paired with your screenshots of our nude figure model photos. Please do, do keep up your greater march of progress.

Furthermore, as I can frankly see in your quick observations, they most all don't appear too lively, vital, and energetic enough yet. Please why don't you free up your hands, elbows, or shoulders with 15 minutes of 30 second scribblier attitudes? (30 more nuder scribbles) But if you scribble your warm-ups out of the way, then your anatomy will become even more cartoon-like and even more caricatured than you're totally used to, so that your animation drawings will be on the right track. For most info, please look into this video below.

Hope this helps you out so, so, ever very much. Good night.

Hi Kly Kuu.

I salute you for posting your drawings with numbers and even the reference pictures you drew from. Way to go! It's so much easier to give critique when it's clear like that.

Now for your drawings. It looks to me like you are off to a good start. You have a good understanding for where the main joints are and how they connect to the body.

My advice for you to progress would be to practice "the bean" to get a more natural start to the body in it's pose. You can watch Proko's videos on it on youtube. This is a very simplified and quick way to start the main shape of the body and how it is bent or twisted. The bean is a simple shape and can be done in seconds. Draw the bean shape, the centerline for the upper and lower torso then locate the head. The tilt of the shoulders and the tilt between the hip bones can be added just as light lines. This is a very good start in 30 second studies. Then as you get more relaxed doing this you can start to add simple legs and arms.

I see that you are doing big round balls on every joint. It's really not necessary to do so. A very small and light mark is enough to show where the joints are and as you get better you will not need them at all. The most important features to get down first is the ribcage and pelvic bone and then draw the centerline. Check out this video for a good start.Good luck!

&t=343s&ab_channel=Proko

Kly those are such an improvement! I like the transition from the separate masses to the "bean". I'm very impressed keep up the good work!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.