Sketch of a woman...

Page d'accueil Forums La critique Sketch of a woman...

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by chrisbreen1995 10 years ago.

• S'abonner Favori
    Utilisateur supprimé

So here is my first sketch from this site;
    http://und3c1ph3r3d.deviantart.com/art/The-Woman-391929415
    What do you think? Sorry the image quality isn't great, but it isn't terrible. I think that the weakest point is the hands, though if you notice anything else, I'll be glad to hear it.

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

I think you're doing great.

Utilisateur supprimé

Thanks, thats very appreciated. Anything to improve on?

I would have to have that in terms of Anatomy and the deformation of the body is great, you could improve the lighting of the scene.

Because this drawing looks very flat. if you added more light to one side and added a casted shadow it would improve the overall quality of the artwork.
    One quick advice from me is to add a Back light. Use this picture as reference.

http://digital-photography-school.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/back-light.jpg

But from my experience when doing figures, having the back light to one side creates huge amounts of contrast that draws the viewer in.

I hope this helps you. :)

Utilisateur supprimé

Cool, thanks. You're definitely right, it does seem a bit flat; enhanced lighting would be helpful. While drawing it, I didn't really think about it, I just used one of the references and focused on the cloth and the anatomy. I'm going to leave this one the way it is, but on the next I'll add my own lighting. Contrast does really affect the finished product.
    Anyway, thanks :D

You're welcome, And good luck. :)

Utilisateur supprimé

:) You know, it's always good to see people being friendly and helpful. Especially on the internet.

Well you came to the right place :P

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.