Form Exercises, CnC appreciated

Inicio Foros Crítica Form Exercises, CnC appreciated

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Idon'tknow 1 day ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

After having a bit of an eye opening moment with the last post, I watched bluebiscuits videos on fundamentals (which I direly needed, as I'm trying to start from the beginning)Very insightful video and she explained all of the fundamentals and gave examples for studies to do.

My go to form study was my rubiks cube and my dog's toy ball that had teeth on it but I can't find them anywhere, so I used SketchFab for the rubiks cube. This week I'll be trying cylinder and sphere form studies

https://imgur.com/a/1r1GYFk

Comments and Criticism are appreciated and Suggestions for self-homework assignments on FORM. Thanks

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Your studies definitely look like rubiks cubes, and most of your lines and angles look good to me. However, they could be slightly more precise in a few places, if you look closely. In the first one, the middle row of squares across the top (white, white, blue) seems wider front-to-back than the row nearest the viewer. And on the side, the middle row seems to grow taller as it recedes, while the row under it appears to grow shorter. Such subtle details may or may not matter, depending on what you're using the drawings for. But overall, I think you're getting a good grasp of the basic forms. Good luck in your studies!

The very first cube looks like it needs revision the most. when you have to subdivide a surface in perspective you must only devide the segment in 3, or just put equal distance between each parallel line. In this particular case it is not really important tracing the perspective lines, the cube looks to not be that much deformed by the reference. I have to admit it looks way better when one of the row is rotated wich it is admirable by me.

If you ever wanted to know more about 3d shapes try turning pokemon in simple shapes, in case you want to post some you can get better feedback from us. :)

1 1

I really appreciate the feedback @Katt Quiet and @Idon'tknow (wish there was a way to tag you both)

The first cube was definitely one I struggled the most and I think it's because I had the doubt settling in if I wanted to do this self hw assignment. The part I struggled with the most was definitely keeping the smaller parts of the rubiks cube in perspective and balanced(?) like Katt had mentioned the side, middle row growing taller as it recedes. I'll be sure to put more attention to it the next self assignment and to take my time with the cubes (as I've also noticed that the last cube, the downward slope isn't as prominent in my study) :)

@Idon'tknow Could you explain to me what you mean by "subdivide a surface in perspective"? Perspective wasn't my strong suit in college and I think that's my next hurdle that I'm having to jump. And I will definitely be try turning Pokemon into simple shapes! That sounds like a fun exercise and I'm excited to get to it this week

Again, thank you for the feedback!🌞

sure, have you ever subdivided a plane in 3d? that's exactly what you did with that cube.^_^

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.