Gesture drawing update (1 Min)

Inicio Foros Crítica Gesture drawing update (1 Min)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Josefe 3 months ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

Hey, its me again. I have been watching some videos and practicing a little more and here is an update of my work:

https://imgur.com/3iiqMRw

What should I improve more?

And thanks for the last time help I've improved a lot!

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hi there! Good job so far!

I have one piece of advice: try not to draw what you see directly. Don't focus on details, but try to capture the "feel" of the pose.

Get some photo references, trace their structure. Identify the torso, limbs (just draw the joints) and hip. It's rather a boring exercise, I know, but I feel like that's what helped me the most at first. Take it easy and have fun with it! Maybe try to then replicate what you traced, start building the figure from zero while looking at the structure you identified.

Keep practicing! :)

1 1

Welcome back, Josefe!

Well, great job on your range of clarity and real simplicity of poses.

I have some true advice for you. I'm not getting enough of the dynamic exaggeration and foreshortening in your poses. How would you like to please just go ahead with our interactive drawing tutorial here on this site?

The reason is because, you can and will make your expressions really and definitely holistic, in addition, it will lead to drawing completely solid gesture drawings. They all don't have to be totally perfect. For most details, please pick up an Audible of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.(which I've absolutely started yet)

My hats off to you.

Thanks for the help.

Not gonna lie im having a hard time trying to foresorting the pose. To be more precise i have a hard time identifying the lines that comes from arms and legs and thats the reason they always are an arm and a leg and not the lines and feel that they represent (If that makes sense).

Im also checking the book the artist way.

Thanks for everything!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.