Recent Practice

Inicio Foros Crítica Recent Practice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Polyvios Animations 3 months ago.

• Suscribirte Tema favorito

https://imgur.com/a/SkFstLn

here's some of my practice from the last week or two, hoping to get some new eyes on it and advice on how to progress

thanks in advance!

Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

Welcome back, Heirloomtomato, and welcome back. Say, I love how much movement, flow, and fluidity and forms you've put into your hands, feet, and figures. Great job on all of those. Please keep up the great work.

What I love about your figures, truly, is how much motion and organic drawing in your gestures, spaces, and relationships. They have a lot of spunk, as well as some panache. Greater job on your flow and fluidness in your lines. But however, these look too rigid to me. how would you like to go ahead with drawing while standing up while drawing on a 12x18 or 18x24 pad of newsprint or other paper, with 46 minutes of 2 minute poses, using your underhand, with your non-dominant hand?

But wait, there's more, what I absolutely adore about your hands and feet is totally how much flexibility and elasticity of your looser lines you've drawn into your hands and other appendages. Rock on! Still, they still seem too rigider to me. Would you like to go ahead with 3 minutes of 1 minute hand poses?

The reason why is because, your poses can and will be quickly sketched out as less stilted but more dynamic, energetic, but fluid. With tons of deliberate practice, you can and shall, and will improve and innovate with each new sketch. And if you're curious about more quick sketching, please look into Drawing from the Artist Within by Betty Edwards, for the ideation part.

Good luck from me.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.