My daily gesture drawings

Home Forums Critique My daily gesture drawings

This topic contains 510 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Swen 3 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

A new gesture drawing critique video is up on my YouTube channel: Gesture Drawing Critique: Shoebill

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

A new video of me making the drawings below is up: Gesture Drawing Session 02

And some drawings from today's session.

Hello Swen,

Are you have an e-mail? I think that's good for me if i learning from you and get some feedback from you about my gesture. I'm glad if you want :)

Thanks

Hi steviantoos, you can email me at swendlybenilia@gmail.com :).

Thanks! :D

nice to see your new drawings, those warriors and sumo wrestlers look very expressive even drawn in just a few lines! How would you recommend to solve the clothes problem? They usually mess up the shape of the body, at least when I'm at it.

nice to see your new drawings, those warriors and sumo wrestlers look very expressive even drawn in just a few lines! How would you recommend to solve the clothes problem? They usually mess up the shape of the body, at least when I’m at it.

Thank you marymary :). For the clothes, keep in mind that you don't need to copy what you see. You should make sure that your drawings read properly. So use the clothing to help communicate the action and make changes where necessary.

To really pull this off effectively, you need to understand how to create appealing shapes and apply this to the clothing also.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.