traditional gesture

Home Forums Critique traditional gesture

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Aunt Herbert 3 months ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Bounded back to doing gestures with traditional media. Including pencil, charcoal, and fineliner. These range from a minute and two minutes.

https://imgur.com/a/XROIDf5

Thank you for the lovely feedback on my last post. Promptly working on my proportions.

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hello , heliganreigns, and welcome. Say, you're doing the greatest job on your strongest flow, fluidity and total plasticity of your lines of action and rhythm. I think that you've got what it takes, but I completely feel that the expressive lines aren't the most expressive yet. Would you care to please go ahead with 6 minutes of 30 second poses, using any drawing medium you've got?

The reason why you could still loosen yourself up the most is, so that your poses will become the most fluidest, flowing, and even liveliest and energetic. For most info, kindly look into the PDFs of the Walt Stanchfield series of drawing on Archive.org?

My hats off to you, and let's hope you've found these helpful but supportive.

I love how you are developing your figures from really snappy and energetic looking curves, and that you successfully stay away from getting lost on unnecessary detail.

Generally, I try to include in my critics some ideas about what to change or to try different, but I am mostly drawing a blank right now. The result looks great, and it looks like you are having fun doing it, so the best advice for now is probably to just rock on.

Hmm, maybe contrasting your curves with straight lines and hard corners could broaden the dynamic spectrum? Just an idea, though.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.