Is it okay to just keep going without a tutoring

Home Forums Oefenen & Advies Is it okay to just keep going without a tutoring

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Janhackstrom 1 year ago.

• Abonneren Favoriet

I have just started to attend my first art class once a week and until now I've been doodling by myself.

My problem is that I "flatten" objects while I'm drawing and because I've never considered proportions I mess up evey freaking time.

That's why I started to use this website, 30mins everyday, 5mins for each figure. I try not to make it a big deal but a casual routine.

I know what it's like to have a "wrong habit" when you learn something casually and later need more time to fix that habit.

So I'm wondering if it's okay :P It's been a month so far and I feel like I have bolder lines(I used to have furry(?) lines) and get less flat images, tho I still have weird proportions because I can't consider those in 5 mins..

1. Is it okay if I just stick with this routine or should I get some occasional feedbacks here or from a teacher?

2. AND is it better to have 5 min sessions or longer sessions cause I can't put more details on drawings?

(The picture is those "less flattened" doodles I did for today lol)

https://imgur.com/a/nVr34hl

• Re Miii edited this post on April 27, 2022 4:03am.
    • Re Miii edited this post on April 27, 2022 4:03am.
    Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

1. It helps completely to get occasional feedback, especially from people who are versed in it. Getting constructive criticism is a must. It's what helps pinpoint where your issues are and what you need to focus more on.

2. When it comes to the length of the sessions, it depends on your goal with having timed sessions. If you want to have more detail in your drawings, either do longer sessions or just don't time it at all. But regardless the length of the sessions, do as many sessions as you can. Practice, practice, practice and you'll get there.

I did not see any drawing. Is that link ok?

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.