My first post here. Please critique

Home Forums Kritiek My first post here. Please critique

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Polyvios Animations 2 years ago.

• Abonneren Favoriet

Hello

I would like to show some of my recent sketches. I have been using this site for a while but never asked for a critique. I started to practice drawing about 2 years ago, but I don't do it regularly. Usually it is a 2-7 minute study.

Thank you.

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

nenastik,

Overall these are rather strong, and often one can identify the model.

Why not amp up your skills and try mass drawing with your non dominate hand for 10 minutes before you start your drawing session? It's a known technique to intensify your observation mastery.

All the best,

JCML Fine Art

To be fair, I am starting out so I might not be the best to give critique but overall The images are strong, there is a good sense of proportion.
    a lot of the images work well.
    my critique might be to go back to the basics, I don't see a lot of action lines in sketches, you might be at the stage where you don't need them but I think they might add more movement to your sketches so that they flow better. Especially the dancing sketches it doesn't feel like they are fluid enough.

Great effort, keep at it.

Thank you JCML Fine Art.

I'm not really good with terms because I'm self-taught. Did I understand you right? I did this sketches with watercolor.

Hi Nenastik! Great work! For 2-7 mins these are very nice and even detailed compared to some of the work I've seen around here, mine included (I'm still a beginner so my input might not weigh anything).

I think the last two ppl above said that maybe you should try drawing with your other hand a few sketches (if you're a righty then go lefty) and if you haven't done the tutorial here, it's a good place to revisit the basics - a) the line of action, b) head, ribcage, hips, c) joints and members, d) other details - here's a link - https://line-of-action.com/learn-to-draw . It's only 15 mins, but it packs a nice punch! :D

Hello, and good afternoon/evening.

Say, I must completely and totally adore your lighter touches of all of your quick sketches. Also, I love your choice of color theory in your figure rendering. Great sense of energy and electricity in the longer lines and liveliest, and largest edges. My smallest and insignificant improvement is that your forms and forces are a bit too rigid in terms of drawn appeal. How would you like to be on board for 30 minutes of 60 second quick poses, followed by 1 hour of 30 second quick poses? The reason why you could and should do this idea is as a result, your lines will become the least heaviest and inhuman, and the most dynamic, energetic, fluid, spontaneous, and liveliest in the poses. My hat's off to you, and I hope this piece of advice helps you out greatly. For even more info, be sure to check out an in-depth article 1, 2, 3, and 4. These about how much of the roughs are gutsier, and how the clean-ups are the polished. Cheers to you, again.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.