my recent figure drawings

Home Forums Kritiek my recent figure drawings

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by blairb 3 years ago.

• Abonneren Favoriet

just posting some of my recent studies and requesting any critque you may have!

i do know that the sketches are a bit messy lol but i hope most of it is still liegible!

https://imgur.com/a/5MsZVXy

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Wow! Really rare drawings of figures, blossblair, especially the one with your caricature. However, I've got one tiny and insignifigant question: How long did it take to do each and every one of them in your Imgur post link? The case why is because, you didn't label out your time limits. They could've been done in 30 seconds, more and/or less. Hope and importune that you'll give me a totally reasonable answer.

Polyvios Animations.

P.S. Keep up those figure exaggerations!!

Thank you! And oh, I'm sorry! Most of these were done in 30 seconds! The ones that have more distinctive faces/expressions were more then likely done in more time. (Likely 1-3 minutes)

I prefer doing 30 second poses cause I'm able to capture more gestures in a shorter amount of time. I have no clue if that is a good or bad thing though lol.

Messy? Sure. Full of energy, Yes.

I love these, and I feel like I can see a lot of personality in it. I feel like the proportions are on point, if not somewhat stylized, and your lines feel pretty confident and flowy.

Keep up the good work!

1 1

Looks Great! Just try not to overlap the figures and attempt to use as few lines as possible when capturing gesture.

1 2

I really like your stylization of proportion and your simplicity of line! You seem to be getting contraposto as well (when the shoulders tilt one way, the hips will tilt the other, in order to keep the balance). I think perhaps you could try some slightly longer poses in addition to your quick gestures, to help yourself notice the bony landmarks of the body. I attached an example file, I hope it helps a little! Keep up the good work!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tbamjpwkvzcarp/Bonylandmarks.jpg?dl=0

2 1

I really like your scetches to start off! I think my only critiques would be that your proportions are a off in some places, most of the mistakes are that the and chest are short (this may be a style thing, if so, carry on, it doesn't look bad) and the other suggestion is that you should work on hands some more, some of your spacing and shapes are off. Great work though! keep at it!

1 1

Thank you so much for the criique guys! I'll keep all of this information in mind and apply it to my new gestures!

I'll draw a new bunch up and post it aswell!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.