This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Kim 3 weeks ago.
- Abonneren Favoriet
September 7, 2018 2:58pm #2725
A list of features we are planning to add to the site, mostly in no particular order:
* Mute for critiquing, so you can skip seeing particular people's work in your critique queue if you find you never have anything useful to say to them.
* Delete multiple playlist images at once
* Delete multiple sketchbook images at once
* Improve & increase he tips & lessons offered in clss mode for subscribers
* Review & expand FAQ
* Add "basic shapes" drawing practice tool
* Ability to filter the study store (Criteria like by tool, hide already purchased or full member-accessible, etc.)
* Photographer credit management - so you can update your portfolio link on your submitted photos whenever you need to, or even have multiple credits (For example, if you want to include the model's name in the credits for some photo bundles as well)
* Search tools for the forums
* Better pause for the tool countdown timer while the loading spinner is displaying
* On a person's LoA anniversary, send them their oldest sketch of the year and their latest sketch of the year to see their progress.
* Blocking other members from sending you PMs, responding to your forum topics, or commenting on your images
* Ability for users to delete comments on their own images
* Categorization of sketchbook images
Stuff being considered that may or may not get added
* Social authentication, like logging in with your Google or Facebook account
* Experience points? Levels of some kind? Maybe we'll just run a Habitica challenge! ;)
* Site translations to other languages? Portuguese, Mandarin, Dutch and Japanese might be our biggest demand, looking at our analytics data. We do have volunteers who have mentioned maybe helping with translations to German and Spanish, as well, however.
360 degree views tools11/25/2021
Pay for photo bundles with Alipay
Pay for subscriptions with Alipay
More work done on caching - this isn't exciting or sexy, but it will help to keep the site speedy and strong for years to keep up with our growing community! :)
Ability to design your own class-lengths with custom pose lengths and breaks (full subscription members only)Added 10/20/2020
Better email settings
New study tool category: filter by age range05/01/2020
Push notifications! Want to be nagged to get your study in? Want to know right away when someone has left feedback on your critique requests?Added 1/13/2019
Allow purchasing gift-vouchers for subscription time? Might be nice around the holidays!
Easy method for users to delete own accountAdded 1/7/2018
Add last message date/time to inboxAdded 11/7/2018
Non-intrusive reminders to review your practice goal if you haven't changed it for four weeks or longerAdded 11/7/2018
Subscribe/unsubscribe from our mailing list from your account page
A more streamlined system for us to be able to send photographer payouts
Pay for photo bundles with PaypalAdded 11/5/2018
Pay for subscriptions with PaypalAdded 11/21/2018 in the form of purchasing gift codes
Adjust which book resources are recommended based on user's goals
"First class" that introduces the concepts of gesture practice
New study tool: environments (indoor and outdoor)
Greyscale mode for the study tools (subscribers only)Added 9/17/2018
Flipped mode for the study tools (subscribers only)Added 9/17/2018
Adding back the book resource suggestions
Timezone account setting, so all timestamps and day starts will look right to individual members.
In-class tips and focusing goalsAdded 10/9/2018
Doodlers and Full subscribers can choose to be forwarded directly to the image upload page after a practice session, with their current practice goal and the study time intervals they were working with already pre-filled into the description of the uploads... Automatic critique requests, just upload your work and hit go!Added 9/12/2018
Even deeper filtering for the practice tools: Want to only study people who are sitting down? Exclude images that feel too glamorous? Only draw birds seen from behind? Stay tuned.Completed 12/30/2018
Ads for non-subscribers -- doodlers and full subscribers won't see these, but soon non-subscribers can help support the site's continued upkeep and improving by seeing a few ads.Added 12/23/2018
September 17, 2018 2:38pm #2901
- Kim edited this post on September 17, 2018 6:37pm. Reason: Crossing off some finished features
- Kim edited this post on December 24, 2018 4:40am.
- Kim edited this post on December 30, 2018 8:30pm.
- Kim edited this post on January 4, 2019 11:46pm.
- Kim edited this post on January 9, 2019 5:04pm.
- Kim edited this post on January 13, 2019 11:21pm.
- Kim edited this post on January 14, 2019 2:42am. Reason: Crossing off push notifications
- Kim edited this post on October 24, 2020 6:25pm. Reason: Crossing off more finished features
- Kim edited this post on November 30, 2021 10:51pm. Reason: Adding 360 degree tool to completed list
Greyscale mode and horizontal/vertical flipping of images has been added this morning as a feature to the drawing tools for members with a full subscription. :DOctober 14, 2018 8:14pm #3139
More filtering tools just went into beta - they are currently only available in the Figure Study tool, and only to people who have a doodler or full subscription. I'm pretty excited about this one -- it's been a long while in the making.
Screenshot:October 30, 2018 5:28pm #3220
Just crossed timezones off the list!
* Timezone account setting, so all timestamps and day starts will look right to individual members.November 7, 2018 4:17pm #3263
Crossed a number of things off the list this morning, including...
* Pay for photo bundles with Paypal
* Add last message date/time to inbox
* Reminders to review your practice goal if you haven't changed it for four weeks or longerNovember 21, 2018 12:49pm #3304
Crossed another item off the list:
* Pay for subscriptions with Paypal - Added in the form of purchasing gift codesJanuary 7, 2019 11:48am #3427
Raised the image upload size from 2MB to 5MB :)January 9, 2019 7:13am #3434
'Thanks for raising the upload size and please ...please never do the social authentaition bit....my take is if or when the hackers get to other sites and bring them down...will the domino fall and make this wonderfull site break down....so please for my two cents worth ..never, never do a social anything links and such for that reason...please and keep up the great work as I for one love it here and it really, really, really inpires an old cartoonist like me to be here.January 9, 2019 12:03pm #3435
You're welcome, and thanks for that feedback :) I'm so glad you find the site useful!
I hope I can put your mind at ease though: Social authentication would not put our site at risk of going down if one of the other sites was hacked. The main thing that would happen is that people who used to sign in using only Facebook (or whatever) would not be able to sign in that way anymore, and would have to resort to having a site-specific username and password here.January 13, 2019 9:43pm #3444
Just crossed push notifications off the list :)July 10, 2019 6:39pm #4046
Have not been on here for awhile.....am now checking in only once every aprox. 6 mo's....oh well...some of you admin's have true repect for us humor cartoonists, and will make a section for all of us that like the silly humorus of the human antomy is what some of us are saying....please stop taking anatomy so serious is what alot of us are saying...plllleeesssseee and we thank you.April 20, 2020 12:17am #25499
Just wanted to know, how’s the 1.5 hour class mode going? We’re just dying to see it!!
Polyvios AnimationsMay 12, 2020 10:53am #25674
First I want to thank you greatly for this website. I wanted to pick up drawing again after many years, but didn't know how to start. This site has really reactivated my drawing. It's really amazing to have all the different timings for the poses.
Personally my focus is not so much on people, so I was wondering if you ever thought about adding a botanical section (plants, flowers, minirals, etc). They might be a bit more static, but there are many wonderful shapes, textures and shadows in nature that could be great for practicing.
Also a small comment, in the bugs and incects section there are some photo's of such bad quality (dark or unsharp) that it is almost impossible to draw them.
Great big thanks!
SuzanneMay 28, 2020 5:58pm #25737
I have definitely thought about adding still lifes, and have slowly been acquiring equipment that could be used in shooting them -- I don't think it would be all botanical, but certainly that could be part of it. I think it would probably need to be a little different structure than the figure study section, and I don't have a clear vision of what that might be yet.June 4, 2020 3:31pm #25762
I was very impressed with the lighting a poses of the nude shots, but then very dissapointed with the lack of helpful lighting with the head shots. Do you think you will be trying to improve the head shot lighting?
thank you. very impressed with your site and the way it is organized.