100 heads Challenge Critique

首頁 論壇 批評 100 heads Challenge Critique

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gr3n0nion 1 year ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bz3zyy_F9NiR2rmXo3Qc6A1b9VlmuNHd/view?usp=drivesdk

(Please let me know if the link doesn't work!)

Hello! This is my first time posting a critique here! I decided to post this so I can get some insight on drawing heads! I started the challenge so I can make my heads look more proportionate and not too small where I can't fit the eyes and mouth. I also realized while drawing this spread that I needed more practice with realism. I did make some notes on the page as to what I needed to improve. I feel like my eyes are too big for realism. I draw in a more cartoon/anime style, so It was really hard to get the eyes to be small. I also realized I suck at drawing lips lol. They just look weird on some of them, so I would like to know how I can draw lips better! My personal favorite sketches are 7, 5, and 2! But don't be afraid to critique those ones as well! I did the Loomis head method that I learned from Proko awhile back. I would also like to try different methods, so please feel free to leave some suggestions!

Tl;dr:

I feel my eyes are too big, and my lips look weird.

I would like to know what/ how I can improve on my realism.

I would like to know some more methods for drawing the head besides the Loomis head method.

Feel free to give critiques on other areas I can improve on!

Thank you!

-Devi

• Devil Darlinqq edited this post on March 18, 2022 9:03pm. Reason: (Hopefully) Fixed link
    • Devil Darlinqq edited this post on March 18, 2022 9:06pm. Reason: Grammar errors
    Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

The link does not work. Says access denied, "you need access"

I fixed it! I didn't realize I needed to give people access to the folder it was in lol, apologies! It worked on my end, so it should hopefully work for you! Again, I apologize!

I think something that can help your drawings look more real is by adding lines to indicate jawline, cheekbones, chin lines, etc. You can also try a bit of shading under the eyes to make them look baggy. Hope this helps!

Good evening, Devil Darlinqq, this is Polyvios Animations, how are you doing tonight? I love how much of the cartooniness and expression you've got into your simplified faces and expressions. Great work on our first ever attempts into your sorta realistic faces and heads.

Where are the quick broadest strokes in your heads and expressions? They can an extremely important asset to your drawings of the figures, especially your realistic and believable expressions. Loosen up your arm with 5 minutes of 30 second warm-ups, please. Because your expressions will be more convincing in your fluidity and life and solidity. And to answer your question, check out this link right here.

Good luck and my hat's off to you. Good night. Sweet dreams.

First mark the locations of the most important elements. Use enough time to this phase. Then when you draw eyes, mouth, nose etc, do not draw a prototype of those. Examine carefully how do they look like.
    Above all, draw a lot.
    Hope this helps!

You have some great ideas and I really enjoy what you've done! I reccomend studying Leonardo Da Vinci's sketches and the way he does proportion because your art gives off a much more cartoony style than realism. On a realistic human head, the face is actually a lot smaller on the head than most people notice. I reccomend taking pictures of people and tracing the shapes

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.