5-7mins Figure drawings (1st day)

首頁 論壇 批評 5-7mins Figure drawings (1st day)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Drawfloral 2 months ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

Hello, I started to try learning how to draw really recently and tried some figure drawing on this site for the first time

Top one ~7mins bottom one ~5mins

~5mins for this one

I'm not satisfied with the arms one the second one, nor am I sure about the anatomy but overall I think it's acceptable

Every critique is much appreciated !

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

This is use ChatGPT translated

To be honest, my suggestion is to focus on enhancing the fluidity through more practice. Refine your work through the perspective of cubes, as one crucial purpose of using cubes is to establish perspective and assist you in furthering your drawing. I hope this can be helpful to you. :)

I haven't seen the original image, so these modifications are based on your description. I'm also in the learning process, so please consider it as a reference rather than a definitive answer.

You know, Plot, to be honest, I think you're doing a great job on your first try, but I feel that your flow of your figures and their arms seem too stiff on the line side. Why don't you commence on our interactive drawing tutorial of figures, so that you can and shall get acquainted and reacquainted with the very ideas of gesture drawing, here on our website?

The explanation behind this link is so that you can and shall and will begin with a link, then you can sculpt out the construction, and later, carve out the details. That way, your structures will become less wooden, but more flowing and fluid in their organicness.

My hat's off to you!

One thought about the top 1: The way you indicated the hip does not fit to where you then decided the upper joints for the legs should start from. Those joints are called hip joints for a reason. I don't know about the OG image, but I guess the problem isn't with the legs, but with the hip. You indicated it far too horizontal, with an almost straight spine.

Same problem with the lower pose, although it is less obvious. Spine is too straight, the angle between hip and ribcage should be more dramatic. I think it is less obvious, as you cheated a bit on both the hip and the ribcage. If the ribcage was at a steeper angle, the shoulders would be a bit less upright, and the way the lower arm protrudes from the shoulder wouldn't look as uncomfortable.

Wanting to indicate the spine too straight is a common beginner mistake. If you don't see other clear indicators for where the hip should be, the joints are usually easy to spot from looking at the upper legs, and their position towards the hip is pretty much fixed. Shoulder joints towards the ribcage are way more flexibel in position, but the neck should always be visible, and usually the solar plexus can be at least guesstimated to orient the ribcage.

Also, don't be afraid to pretty much always try to exaggerate the bend of the spine. It helps counteract the beginner mistake of normalizing it, which leads to stiff poses. Even if your bent is stronger than on the OG photo, you end up with a more dramatic pose, which usually looks great, anyways.

Nelly Aurora said: I think your post is quite complete. But the poses and arm movements #897 of your figures appear rigid and lack fluidity.

Agree with the fluidity. I'd use long, flowing lines to connect different parts of the body.
    Also, there's nothing wrong with experimenting with varying the thickness of lines.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.