Extreme Angle Figure Practice

首頁 論壇 批評 Extreme Angle Figure Practice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by SarBearStare 1 year ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

https://ibb.co/hBvS8mR

https://ibb.co/nDmGRnP

https://ibb.co/Fzbh6My

I'm hoping to improve my understanding of figures at extreme angles; these are today's 5 and 10 minute sketches. Anyone have any help they can offer for improvements?

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

These look great so far! I would suggest learning how to deconstruct figures into simple forms, like a box for the ribcage and a box for the pelvis. If you practice drawing cubes and other 3d shapes (like cylinders) in perspective, it will make it easier to apply that to your figures! Hope that helps

1 1 1

Good evening, Strawberrydrea, and welcome aboard to our site. I'm Polyvios Animations, and how do you do tonight? Say, I think you're off to the greater than greater start on your difficult odd angled poses, in terms of your 5-10 minutes of poses, in terms of movement, appeal, and dynamic balance with some simpler, more geometric forms, indeed. Please will you kindly keep up your greater efforts. However, I really, really, REALLY need to see more than pushed lines of action and rhythm of your poses form worm's eye to bird's eye. Please loosen up your graphic shapes, or lines, spaces or forms with a 2 minute pose, then the 60 second pose, and next the 30 second poses, to emphasize the more simpler flow and direction and angles of the clearer poses.

The explanation behind this littler thing is because though you can do the simpler poses for more dynamic uses of gesture sketches, so can your extreme angled poses and attitudes. For more of what I mean, kindly check out this link right here. It's from John K.'s older blog, and it has all you need to know generally about practicing anything.

Good luck to your march of progress and learning curves, and good night.

I agree with Evehalcyon that drawing cubes and cylinders. Draw a quick box and then rotate it a little bit and draw it again and again, twisting it or rotating it everytime. In extreme perspective (wide angle) foreshortening becomes even more apparent than in normal perspective. Meaning that things a little closer gets much bigger and things a little further away from you gets much smaller. "Wide angle" is in many ways an unnatural way of seeing things but can be effectful and enchance the sense of action in an image. It can be a great excersice just to draw a simple box shape from a few different angles using a wide angle view and then draw them again but in a normal perspective. What is the dirrerence and what makes it? In technical terms your angle of view on a paper is dictated by the distance of your vanishing points on the horizon. It's very rewarding to study this a bit just to know what's going on. There are some great books on this. Ernest W. Watson - Creative Perspective Made Easy, is a great source.

You might be interested in a book by Tom Fox called "Anatomy for Artists: Drawing Form & Pose: The ultimate guide to drawing anatomy in perspective and pose with tomfoxdraws."

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.