I need inspiration!

首頁 論壇 行話 I need inspiration!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Judith0720 7 years ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

I am a beginning artist, and I need inspiration. I always think that all of my art looks bad, so I would like something to really push myself on. Thanks.

Get more practice photos

Support us to remove this

Hey Readholes. I would recommend getting some decent drawing books. Michael Hamptoms "Anatomy:Design and Invention" is an excellent beginners guide to drawing the human figure. For perspective, I'd recommend "Perspective without pain" by Phil Meltzger. For animal drawing, "The Art of Animal Drawing: Construction, Action Analysis, Caricature" by Ken Hultgren. I'd also recommend the class mode on this site. It gives a variety of different time frames from 30 minutes to 6 hours. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your drawings.

drawabox.com might help.

Maybe looking at old works of your favorite artists will help?
    Something like this http://artgerm.deviantart.com/art/Draw-It-Again-326767415

You can be sure that if you actually try and mean it, you are going to get better. Like Jason said, try learning from a good source. When you learn something new, actually try doing it yourself. Don't take my word for it though, I can't draw good myself.

Hi, Readholes! The key to any successful learning experience is consistent practice, and that's especially true with drawing. I'd also advise you to get a sketchbook and date every drawing you do. This provides a visual record. You'll be able to look back and see how much progress you're making, and that's a very important part of learning to draw, I think. There are many great books and online tutorials to check out. And don't forget to have fun!

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.