Looking for Critiques on my Figure Drawings

首頁 論壇 批評 Looking for Critiques on my Figure Drawings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Swen 6 years ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

Let me know what i can do to improve my figure drawing. I’ll be posting a mix of sketches from my best thirty second drawings to my best ten minute drawings, and I think you’ll be able to tell which one is which😅
    https://www.pinterest.com/twinmattstachura/figure-drawing/

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Good start Matthew! The first thing I advice you is to not be concerned with shading for these kind of drawings. Keep your focus on capturing the action.

The second is that you should develop your skill in drawing form. It seems like you're focusing on copying the outlines, and you won't learn much with this approach. Not if your goal is to understand the human body in action well enough to be able to draw it from imagination. For this you'll need to understand the structure of the human body and how it functions to perform various actions.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask :).

Thanks so much, that definitely helps! I’ll try my best to focus on capturing the movement

They show some improvement. To capture the life of the figure you need to draw what the figure is doing instead of attempting to draw the figure itself. That's really the mental shift that you should make. This video may help with that

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.