[repost because it was the wrong subforum] Gesture drawing progress but what now ?

首頁 論壇 批評 [repost because it was the wrong subforum] Gesture drawing progress but what now ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Aunt Herbert 2 months ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

Hello everyone,

I'll try posting my progress each 7th of the month here : https://imgur.com/a/oplI6Fm

However I have some questions : What to do next ? I mean I'll still practice my gesture but if I want to draw simple figure human what should I do. I know that gesture is useful for both human and animals but they lack structure and form. What should I do about it ?

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hello again,

Nicest job on your range of gesture, motion, and form on your figures. I love 'em. But going back to your figure and animal gesture drawing comment, but it can also be used for hands, feet, faces, expressions, cartoons, and more. The possibilities are yet to be explored. But, fast-foward to your form comment, I'm still getting too much mushiness in your basic construction. Would you like to go ahead with going for more weight and solidty in your construction with our 1 hour class mode of figures?

The reason why is because you can and will be able to improve and innovate your figure and face construction, in order to better at drawing from memory and imagination, by starting off with the gesture warmups.

My hat's off to you.

You find good abstractions for the flow of the pose. What I find iffy are the uppermost sketches, where you seemed to have been searching for the one perfect line like a dozen times or so for almost every curve or circle. At this level of abstraction, I don't think the difference in quality between each attempt is big enough to warrant the amount of time trying over and over again.

1 1

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.