Tips for drawing smaller

首頁 論壇 實踐與建議 Tips for drawing smaller

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Steliater 5 years ago.

• 訂閱 喜歡

I can't seem to find any tips on how to get used to drawing smaller or taking less space in my practice sessions. I'm only able to fit maybe 4 figure drawings to a page in a 11x14 sketch book. I was told that drawing smaller forces you to not focus on the details and really get used to plotting shapes. Any advice would be appreciated!

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

I think the #1 way to "get used to it" is to expose yourself to it by trying it until it's something you're used to. Like with anything, there's an adjustment period where the newness is uncomfortable and you have to remind yourself a lot what your goal is.

If you really need help drawing smaller, give yourself less space. I have a a tiny sketchbook, about 4 inches by 5 inches, that I can keep in my purse. Using a surface like that would give you a constant reminder to downsize!

maybe you could make like a grid on your sketchbook to draw your figures in before you draw?

like if you're gonna draw 9 figures, make a 3x3 grid on your page to draw each figure in?

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.