November 24, 2016 at 12:05 pm #8698
One of our main programmers was unexpectedly hospitalized before our release date, so some final touches didn’t make it in before launch day. Here’s what we’re still working on:
* “All but insects” option is temporarily not available in the animal drawing tool
* “Get drawing” button is disabled until a time interval/class length is selected – we need to add a clearer error message letting people know why they can’t click it if they try anyway.
* Break messages need to be updated to include the exact recommended break length, instead of just showing it in the “time left” timer. FINISHED – WILL BE IN NEXT PATCH RELEASED
* Break messages should not advance the photos.
* In the animals section when you click “Only show live animals” it says no images fit this criteria.
* Some versions of Internet Explorer do not display images in the drawing tools. FINISHED – PATCH RELEASED 01/12/2017
* Make pause dialogue less disruptive. FINISHED – WILL BE IN NEXT PATCH RELEASED
I’ll update this topic frequently as things unfold and new issues are reported.November 28, 2016 at 4:40 pm #8790
I just signed up but am not getting any images to show– just a black screen and timer. Any ideas?? thanksNovember 28, 2016 at 5:04 pm #8791
What kind of computer are you using, and what browser do you use to access the site?December 2, 2016 at 10:24 am #8876
Updated OP again.January 12, 2017 at 1:02 pm #9177
Updated OP again. :)January 18, 2017 at 11:46 am #9227
I have been using this tool for a while now and sometimes it causes my windows some sort of system failure for my windows is bug searching it and it shuts down. it only happens when i am using this site.January 18, 2017 at 11:55 am #9228
Do you receive any kind of error message?September 26, 2017 at 4:03 pm #10035
Hi! Been using this site for a long time – back since it was PixeLovely – but just made an account now.
I notice that you said the “all but insects” option in the animal drawing tools is unavailable, though I don’t see such an option. I do see an “all mammals” option, however, and it’s one I want to use, but I get an error message saying that there are no images meet that criteria. Is this the same issue as the one listed? Thanks in advance for the response!September 26, 2017 at 4:35 pm #10036
Yes, that’s the same issue. I have a patch meant to address it, but have not had a chance to install yet. Sorry about that! :(September 28, 2017 at 5:03 pm #10040
No worries, thanks for the response!
November 6, 2017 at 9:24 am #10132
- This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by DRaff210.
I am not sure this should feature here I am however unsure where to put it. I wonder if it is a known issue. I noticed sometimes the image resolution can be high and the images can take a decent amount of time to fully load. However the clock timer still continues ticking making it harder to draw in the correct time frame example 60 seconds can become 30 seconds by the time the image loads. Would it be possible to show a loading spin wheel widget while the image loads in the back ground and once the request is fully fulfilled resume the timer and display the whole image in the browser. While this timer is running you can background load another image and so on? If the image has’nt loaded while the thirty/sixty seconds are up a shorter duration spin wheel can be shown. This will help artists to stick to the time limit. I love your website otherwise. It has a very aesthetically pleasing clean design.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.