My Gestures

Home Forums Critique My Gestures

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sanne 6 years ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

Hey! I'm new posting here. Critiques will be appreciated.
    I'm building a habit and this is my 55 days in a row doing gesture drawing on these website.
    I have done them every day in class mode on 30 min long.

This is my first day

This is today practice

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hey, Lenick! Whats up? I think that gestures are very cool, and Im happy that you are drawing has 55 days, keep practicing :). A tip that I can give for you are think before put lines on paper, I see a lot of lines that could be resolved by one line.

Hi Jardiel! Thanks you a lot for the tip I'll try it at today practice

Hey Lenick, I agree with Jardiel. :) Got any updated sketches for us?

Sorry i'ts been a busy week for me.
    That was my yesterday practice.
    I tried using a ballpoint pen and I love it.

It's good to hear from you again! I'm digging those sketches in the second image. :D

As for thoughts, there are some wonky perspective going on with some torsos from what I can see, like there is a misalignment between the rib cage and the midsection/pelvis. It may be slightly over dramatized? The rib cage is still attached to the spine and can only stick out so much, I think it would be worth paying attention to in your next sessions.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hey! thank you for your critique. The thing is that I don't know about anatomy. I just press the "start" button and draw. But I will try to keep it in mind.

That's alright! You might want to try and do a few studies on skeletons to get a better sense of what the bone structure is like. If you understand that, the rest will become easier too.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.